Official Houston Rockets Thread: Phase 2 on hold

Pastor Dillon

2 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

Jock confirmed his injury is healed and he is fully good to go.

Thats good news.

I read a rumor online that we were offering Portland Tate, KPJ and a 1st round pick for Brogdon and Robert Williams. 

Its essentially a huge salary dump for the blazers, but gives us a legit back up big in Williams. The same rumor said that Brogdon had set backs from his injury last year and could potentially miss the season. I doubt thats all true though. 

Having Jock provides some help, though I think going smaller with Jabari at the 5 will be an option against a lot of teams without a dominate big man. 

On 10/3/2023 at 8:49 AM, Texansfan713 said:

Once Reggie Bullock clears waivers he is expected to sign with us to bring the training camp roster to 15.  He gives us a 3 and D type.  He immediately becomes our best shooter on the roster.  Interested to see if Udoka puts him in the rotation. 

Yeah he fills a spot to give us a pretty deep roster. I think Udoka is pretty much unattached to anyone on the roster. He mentioned something about how Green and KPJ were going to compete for a starting spot this season. I think he will play the best players that give us the best chance to win. 

I feel like the hope is that Jabari and Green become bookend franchise players, but I dont think they are going to be given anymore room to play beyond what they earn every day. 

FVV / Amen
Green / Bullock / Holiday
Brooks / Tate / Whitmore
Jabari / Eason / Green
Sengun / Landale / Boban 

We will still have 1 spot open after we finally deal with KPJ

On 10/5/2023 at 3:30 PM, Texansfan713 said:

Rotation

PG: Vanvleet/Amen Thompson

SG: Jalen Green/Reggie Bullock

SF:  Dillon Brooks/Cam Whitmore

PF:  Jabari Smith/Tari Eason

C :  Sengun/Landale

I'm hoping if Udoka goes 10 deep thats what he rolls with.  

Jeff green and Aaron Holiday as 11th and 12th men is a pretty deep team. 

Some observations

1. Brooks is a punk who straight hit the dude in the nuts, but perhaps we need that kind of player

2. Guys seem to be more bought into Ime than they were Silas

3. Green still can’t shoot and as I’ve said from early on, will never be a good shooter. His form is just too bad. He’s gonna always be streaky like a Westbrook type  shooter  

4. Pre season games mean nothing but I feel like we could be competitive. 

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Coming to Houston for the Bucks-Rockets game on January 6th. We'll be there from Friday night through Monday morning. Any recommendations on food and bars? Pretty sure we're staying on the south side of Houston near the Museum district and zoo. 

I'll give you a list tomorrow. I'm posting this so I wont forget.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Coming to Houston for the Bucks-Rockets game on January 6th. We'll be there from Friday night through Monday morning. Any recommendations on food and bars? Pretty sure we're staying on the south side of Houston near the Museum district and zoo. 

These are my go to's.  I stay on the north side near downtown but the area you will be able isnt THAT far from everything.

Bars:

Heights Social

Little Woodrows in the Heights

Rose Garden

Those 3 are my go to's.

For food I typically eat BBQ, Mexican and Seafood when I go out so I will name places.  It really depends on your budget.

Original Ninfas on Navigation  (Mexican food)

Downtown Aquarium (seafood)

Pappadeux (seafood)

The Pit Room (BBQ)

Rays Real BBQ Pit Shack (BBQ)

Demeris Bar B Q

Hugos (Mexican food)

El Tiempo (Mexican food)

• Like 1