BDL Discussion Thread *OWNERS MEETING STARTS 1/31/18*

Jlash

13 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Is this your passive aggressive way to guilt trip him into going through with it?

I would assume so. 

Just so I don't seem like an idiot I'll give some context to the trade, I never agreed to trade Peters.

The original deal was Shaq Barret for a 2019 6th. Then Xmad asked me what I would take for Peters, I said he's only available for two seconds at the very least but I'd have to consider it.

We talked about the value of CBs a bit more and then he sent in that offer, I didn't reply to it and then he just posted it.

I'm clueless as to why Xmad posted that trade... I'm just going to assume we got our signals crossed somewhere.

Edited by DingoLadd
typos.

24 minutes ago, DingoLadd said:

I would assume so. 

Just so I don't seem like an idiot I'll give some context to the trade, I never agreed to trade Peters.

The original deal was Shaq Barret for a 2019 6th. Then Xmad asked me what I would take for Peters, I said he's only available for two seconds at the very least but I'd have to consider it.

We talked about the value of CBs a bit more and then he sent in that offer, I didn't reply to it and then he just posted it.

I'm clueless as to why Xmad posted that trade... I'm just going to assume we got our signals crossed somewhere.

You said "yep" to the offer. Now that I'm double checking, it's edited 10 minutes after you sent it and it's just a dot there now.

At least edit it to say I've changed my mind or something in the future.....

While I said previously if someone is swayed so be it, in context I'm talking more about being able to express an opinion and if the poster isn't a man of his word I shouldn't have to hold my tongue on a trade because of it. 

Dingo if you said yes you should stick by your word and make the trade. Don't be the guy we have to hold our tongues because of knowing you are flip flopping on trades you already accepted. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Counselor said:

While I said previously if someone is swayed so be it, in context I'm talking more about being able to express an opinion and if the poster isn't a man of his word I shouldn't have to hold my tongue on a trade because of it. 

Dingo if you said yes you should stick by your word and make the trade. Don't be the guy we have to hold our tongues because of knowing you are flip flopping on trades you already accepted. 

You have the right to change your mind if you haven't accepted anything in the transactions thread though, so it is what it is. We've had people accept trades in the transactions thread and then attempt to back out.

If he didn't realize what he was agreeing to initially then I understand, but I wasn't trying to sway anything when I said Portland landed a good deal. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jlash said:

You have the right to change your mind if you haven't accepted anything in the transactions thread though, so it is what it is. We've had people accept trades in the transactions thread and then attempt to back out.

If he didn't realize what he was agreeing to initially then I understand, but I wasn't trying to sway anything when I said Portland landed a good deal. 

I understand that is his right which is why I previously said it's not official until it is approved. But if he agreed in the PMs he should go through with it. Why say yes if you are going to back out? Does he have the impulsivity of a third grade boy?

• Like 1

Just now, Counselor said:

I understand that is his right which is why I previously said it's not official until it is approved. But if he agreed in the PMs he should go through with it. Why say yes if you are going to back out? Does he have the impulsivity of a third grade boy?

He explained what he thought he agreed to above, and that it wasn't what was posted. Looks like a miscommunication.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jlash said:

He explained what he thought he agreed to above, and that it wasn't what was posted. Looks like a miscommunication.

He said he saw the offer and didn't reply. XMad said he received a yes to the offer and then it was edited ten minutes after...I believe he knew man. He backed out of a trade before, that I can remember in similar fashion. 

Edited by Counselor