BDL Discussion Thread *OWNERS MEETING STARTS 1/31/18*

Jlash

Not going to lie, I haven't really followed your league at all so this is going to take some time to adjust.

Has either team ever won anything substantial / have a notable history?

Also I'll try my best to get caught up but I'm not sure I'll be ready for this upcoming weekend if I joined now (if I understood how this league operates correctly).

Regardless, it appears that London has more cap room next season to allow me to perform more maneuvering, and Marcus Mariota at QB, so I'm leaning towards placing a bid to take over them. Compton probably has the better overall roster sans the QB position (love the offensive line especially), but I'll want to put more of a stamp on a new roster. Would I have full control of the franchise in terms of rebranding and relocation?

Basically, you would have total control of personnel and game plans.  Our trade deadline just passed, but when we get to the offseason, there's a trade committee that could help give you an idea of how to trade.  Also, if you need some tips on gameplans, you can look at some examples from past weeks and ask someone to give your gameplan a look over.  

Also during the offseason, you could move/rename the team, but we are trying to keep teams in their similar geographic areas for our divisions.   

Also on that point,  I know we're the West division, but we could probably rename it to the Central. 

With LA & Sacramento becoming OKC and Louisiana, you have 3 central teams in Wichita, OKC and Louisiana as opposed to just Long Beach being on the West Coast. Counselor you from Denver homie? Move the team to Denver haha. 

33 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

If you want a rundown on both:

Compton is a very strong team outside of QB, but getting hit by injuries pretty much derailed their season. At full strength and with a good QB they're one of the contenders for the title. They've also got a number of draft picks, so if you're into the draft you'll have fun running them come the offseason. 

London on the other hand has a few good young pieces (Mariota, Garrett, Mack, Tre'Davious White) but aren't exactly ready to compete. However, this season they'll have a ton of cap space so you'll be able to go crazy in free agency and sign some really good players to build that roster up. 

Disagree on London. You get them an impact WR, solid RB and they're VERY ready to compete. Great offensive line, strong defense, two strong QB options.

3 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

Also on that point,  I know we're the West division, but we could probably rename it to the Central. 

With LA & Sacramento becoming OKC and Louisiana, you have 3 central teams in Wichita, OKC and Louisiana as opposed to just Long Beach being on the West Coast. Counselor you from Denver homie? Move the team to Denver haha. 

I'm from LA lol. But I would move them to Denver... or you can just move me to another division where I don't have to fight against Louisiana. That being you

Edited by Counselor