2019 NFL draft where the jags pick at 32;) (Update: pick at 7)

2 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

Metcalf running a 4.3 may help the jags could be clamoring to get him if the Raiders don’t take him.

If Haskins isn't available and we go the Foles route I'm here for Metcalf/Hockensen.

Problem I now have with Hockensen is Fant/Irv Smith etc in this class. Seems it's fairly deep.

Just now, .Buzz said:

If Haskins isn't available and we go the Foles route I'm here for Metcalf/Hockensen.

Problem I now have with Hockensen is Fant/Irv Smith etc in this class. Seems it's fairly deep.

Like I said before I would take Metcalf a kid that may be a better big time production at 7 over Hockensen especially if I have the chance to get Metcalf and possibly a Fant/Smith in the second or trade back into the bottom of the first. I don’t think the production level will be that big of a drop off as I don’t expect too much from a rookie TE anyways.. TE is not a productive position to get great play from rookies which is why it’s a useless pick to me at 7. Similar to why I thought the Taven Bryan pick was stupid last year. Which is why I thought the Jags should have took Sony or Lamar. 

Metcalf's 3-Cone backs up what the tape says about him. I'm not interested in him at #7.

There are other WRs I like, but as far as combine performances go, I'm more interested in Deebo Samuel, Parris Campbell, Andy Isabella, Hunter Renfrow, and Emmanuel Hall after round one. Campbell I'm still concerned about health wise, but their combine performances match up (or exceed) what I already thought about them.

There are other WRs I like, but not ones who really fit in the current conversation.

9 hours ago, DuvalsKing said:

Like I said before I would take Metcalf a kid that may be a better big time production at 7 over Hockensen especially if I have the chance to get Metcalf and possibly a Fant/Smith in the second or trade back into the bottom of the first. I don’t think the production level will be that big of a drop off as I don’t expect too much from a rookie TE anyways.. TE is not a productive position to get great play from rookies which is why it’s a useless pick to me at 7. Similar to why I thought the Taven Bryan pick was stupid last year. Which is why I thought the Jags should have took Sony or Lamar. 

Hock is Gronk 2.0, im(biased)o. If we're looking at TE + WR in the first two picks (doubtful, but let's play that game) I'd much rather have Hock + Samuel or Campbell. If I'm being honest, I'm not sold on Metcalf at pick 38 let alone pick 7. Thinking about it now, actually, I'd probably prefer doubling up at TE with Hock and Fant/Smith Jr. over Metcalf and anyone.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Hock is Gronk 2.0, im(biased)o. If we're looking at TE + WR in the first two picks (doubtful, but let's play that game) I'd much rather have Hock + Samuel or Campbell. If I'm being honest, I'm not sold on Metcalf at pick 38 let alone pick 7. Thinking about it now, actually, I'd probably prefer doubling up at TE with Hock and Fant/Smith Jr. over Metcalf and anyone.

I’m not saying in general that Metcalf has to be the pick.. or that Metcalf should be the pick i’m just using Metcalf as an option personally with the decent combine and all picking Metcalf top 10 goes against what you should do when drafting. I wouldn’t draft any player top 10 with past medical history especially a serious 1.  All I’m saying is draft a piece at 7 that will help you immediately whether oline, wide out ect. Than comeback and grab a TE later.

I think this draft is going to throw them a curve ball.. Jags are going to be stuck in purgatory in round 1 I can see it already.. Haskins and Murray are gone the Jags will be on the clock with the likes of a guy like Oliver still on the board and they may get side tracked. 

Edited by DuvalsKing