2019 NFL draft where the jags pick at 32;) (Update: pick at 7)

31 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

There are exceptions to the rule when it comes to free agents and resignings by the looks of it.  I mean cann and norwell for starters. 

So why make it like Jonah can't be an option because of his measureables? He was clearly a top 5 prospect in this class all through last off-season/this whole past season. Only now do people start wondering/putting other OL with him.

He has a legit shot to be a LT, and if it doesn't work out he should translate well inside. You allow for him and Cam to battle it out/figure out which one should be at LT and the other moves to RT or gets kicked inside.

10 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

There are exceptions to the rule when it comes to free agents and resignings by the looks of it.  I mean cann and norwell for starters. 

Norwell we spent huge money on and Cann was brought back at the request/suggestion of Warhop. Maybe we need to look at what Warhop looks for in an OL.

On 3/23/2019 at 10:49 PM, LinderFournette said:

warhop wasnt the OL coach last year. 

No he wasn't. But we spent huge money on Norwell despite his arm length with Doug as the HC.

Then Warhop convinced him to keep another "shorter arm" guy in Cann.

Why do you think Doug will stomp his feet and hold his ground this draft when he didn't for our two last significant signings? 

19 hours ago, Speedyg said:

No he wasn't. But we spent huge money on Norwell despite his arm length with Doug as the HC.

Then Warhop convinced him to keep another "shorter arm" guy in Cann.

Why do you think Doug will stomp his feet and hold his ground this draft when he didn't for our two last significant signings? 

arm length is just 1 factor in marrones OL.  norwell checks the Height weight not to mention the guy was an all-pro and a mauler in the run the game which was what marrone wanted offensively. 

i think we resigned cann to a decent contract cuz i guess they feel hes a solid starter and didnt wanna force themselves into potentially reaching for a guard to start for us. 

28 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

I could see them going Dlineman but Gary is a combine guy I’m not impressed. But if Oliver is there it may give Coughlin pause at 7.

Gary is solid but gotta go Williams in that scenario without a doubt.

3 hours ago, Kenrik said:

Hey guys, I'm looking at putting together a Mock Draft. Can I get a list of team needs by importance? Thanks!

TE(we signed geoff swaim and resigned James o'shaughnessy but i feel like those 2 are better suited as a number 2 and 3 te. 

RT(richardson(4th rounder last year who didnt play) vs Ogbuehi)

RG(i still feel cann shouldnt have been resigned for 5 million a year)

DE(i want a backup for ngakoue) 

RB(outside fournette theres nothing i would count on if he got hurt. 

WR(lee wont be ready till late camp from reports so we probably could use 1. 

DE/DT(i want a guy that can replace campbell)

4 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

picking Gary would be like picking a guy based on purely his potential and not what hes shown to do.  williams is a cross between suh and donald in the athleticism game. 

You mean like Taven Bryan? Oof...

If they pass on quinnen we riot

30 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

TE(we signed geoff swaim and resigned James o'shaughnessy but i feel like those 2 are better suited as a number 2 and 3 te. 

RT(richardson(4th rounder last year who didnt play) vs Ogbuehi)

RG(i still feel cann shouldnt have been resigned for 5 million a year)

DE(i want a backup for ngakoue) 

RB(outside fournette theres nothing i would count on if he got hurt. 

WR(lee wont be ready till late camp from reports so we probably could use 1. 

DE/DT(i want a guy that can replace campbell)

That’s a lot of wants and needs with very little money or draft capital. Which is exactly why I expect this team to struggle next yr. Not to mention No Gip starting at safety.

Edited by DuvalsKing
  • Like 1