2019 NFL draft where the jags pick at 32;) (Update: pick at 7)

6 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Blue, Rawls, and Cunningham have very low $ deals that will be easy outs if they don't look the part in TC.

Not to mention I don't think Cunningham was signed for his value at RB...well documented he was great on special teams for the Rams.

I mean, sure. But these guys have little to any upside (except Rawls maybe if you think he's the same guy from 3-4 years ago).  We know who they are, and they are below average backs. It's not like these are players who haven't gotten the chance.  They've had chances, played, and shown they are not good backs.

It just further shows how awful this team is when it comes to evaluating backs. 

So yeah we can cut them.  And we likely will.  Why not bring in guys who can actually play?

Everyone say backs are dime and a dozen, yet this current regime seems to prove it can't find one unless it uses a top 5 pick on one (despite bad value)

3 hours ago, Speedyg said:

I mean, sure. But these guys have little to any upside (except Rawls maybe if you think he's the same guy from 3-4 years ago).  We know who they are, and they are below average backs. It's not like these are players who haven't gotten the chance.  They've had chances, played, and shown they are not good backs.

It just further shows how awful this team is when it comes to evaluating backs. 

So yeah we can cut them.  And we likely will.  Why not bring in guys who can actually play?

Everyone say backs are dime and a dozen, yet this current regime seems to prove it can't find one unless it uses a top 5 pick on one (despite bad value)

Cunningham was a top ST'er for the Rams. Alfred Blue has played behind a bottom 5 OL like his when career.

Who is realistically the best player that could fall to us at 7 according to your board and those ahead of us?

Seems like Bosa is a lock, same goes for Q and Kyler(despite not being in my top tier) has anyone else really set themselves apart as a lock to be picked before us? Ive even seen mocks that have us taking Q

20 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Eh i still dont think hes all that good.  Id rather take tytus howard whos played both right and left tackle and is a good athletic guy. 

Not the point.

Doesn't fit the measurements you harped on and yet he's a top visit.

20 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Who is realistically the best player that could fall to us at 7 according to your board and those ahead of us?

Seems like Bosa is a lock, same goes for Q and Kyler(despite not being in my top tier) has anyone else really set themselves apart as a lock to be picked before us? Ive even seen mocks that have us taking Q

Q isn't a lock imo.

Oliver is an elite top end prospect imo. So him.

11 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Not the point.

Doesn't fit the measurements you harped on and yet he's a top visit.

probably cuz hes tested like a solid athlete and just cuz u visit with someone doesnt mean u will draft them either.  they probably looking at him cuz hes like a multi-year starter at a power 5 school but he struggles with speed rushers and has some issues with leverage and technique. i could see mcgary being a guy who gets kicked inside cuz of his inability to block speed on the edge.  i dont see him as a high pick. hes a 4th-6th rounder all day.

he aklso has a heart arrhythmia that is well documented. 

16 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Q isn't a lock imo.

Oliver is an elite top end prospect imo. So him.

Q seems pretty close to a lock tho when u look at his measurables and his tape from this year. 

oliver is a bit of projection cuz he profiles best as a 3tech but he doesnt fit the standard mold and was used as a NT by houston. 

im gonna say Josh allen is a pretty fair lock at this point to be picked before us.  i suspect haskins likely gets picked before us but im not sure how gettlelemen is gonna do things. 

48 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

probably cuz hes tested like a solid athlete and just cuz u visit with someone doesnt mean u will draft them either.  they probably looking at him cuz hes like a multi-year starter at a power 5 school but he struggles with speed rushers and has some issues with leverage and technique. i could see mcgary being a guy who gets kicked inside cuz of his inability to block speed on the edge.  i dont see him as a high pick. hes a 4th-6th rounder all day.

he aklso has a heart arrhythmia that is well documented. 

You are sidestepping so hard on this.

Point is, just because Marrone had an MO prior on OL doesn't mean that he's passing on certain guys either. Current OL on the roster that were brought in/re-signed after he took over points to that. Tons of linking to Jonah Williams (whether we take him or not) points to that. We just used one of our top visits on a guy that didn't fit those measurements. We obviously have some level of interest/intrigue despite him not fitting certain measurements.

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I wouldn't even say all those guys are absolutely ironclad "locks" to be taken before us.  I'd say Bosa is probably the only one.  Even Kyler...this whole Arizona smoke could be just that, and if he doesn't go there...who really knows where he might go.  Josh Allen is probably pretty close to a lock, but you never really know what happens if things get weird at the top.  Even Quinnen who looks like a pretty "safe" bet to be gone by our pick, could conceivably slip to us if teams go for "flashier" prospects rather than a big DT.

I don't think it's likely that any of those guys are there, but other than Bosa, i think with a little imagination you can draft up scenarios that could leave any one of them there at 7.

Realistically...the best player that falls to us is probably going to be whichever of the usual suspects you think is best: Hockenson, Taylor, Jonah, Oliver, Sweat, Metcalf, Haskins, etc.

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

You are sidestepping so hard on this.

Point is, just because Marrone had an MO prior on OL doesn't mean that he's passing on certain guys either. Current OL on the roster that were brought in/re-signed after he took over points to that. Tons of linking to Jonah Williams (whether we take him or not) points to that. We just used one of our top visits on a guy that didn't fit those measurements. We obviously have some level of interest/intrigue despite him not fitting certain measurements.

I think even if that previous MO inferred from an inadequately small sample size held weight in the past, today...in this desperately OLine starved climate, you really can't afford to that pedantic about something like Arm Length thresholds.  If the guy can play, he can play.  I think their visits and employment of guys like Norwell and Cann who don't fit the "prototype" show they're clearly over it for Interior OLine (if they were ever on it in the first place).

That said, it's also plausible that they are carrying through some sort of arm-length thresholds for OTs, and looking at guys like McGary and Jonah as OGs instead.  It sounds like plenty of teams are viewing them that way.

Archived