Cobra Kai Season 1

TENINCH

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

For most of it, no. By the end, Miguel and Hawk were emerging as villains.

I completely agree.     Which is why I think Kreese will only push them further in that direction.

Just now, FourThreeMafia said:

I completely agree.     Which is why I think Kreese will only push them further in that direction.

That's my concern. The way they acted when he tried to stop them, he realized that he had created a monster. Unless he beats Kreese down and kicks him out (why would they bring him back for that?), the monster is only going to grow.

4 hours ago, jrry32 said:

That's my concern. The way they acted when he tried to stop them, he realized that he had created a monster. Unless he beats Kreese down and kicks him out (why would they bring him back for that?), the monster is only going to grow.

Im curious to see the dynamic between Kreese and Johnny, but I do fully expect Miguel to continue to go further towards the dark side....and then maybe in season 3 (assuming there is one), we see Miguel get his redemption.

One thing I could see is that maybe Kreese has the rights to Cobra Kai, and either forces Johnny to work with him or leave.   Johnny stays in an attempt to prevent Kreese from corrupting the students, but it doesnt work, and he ultimately begins to work with Daniel.

Time will tell.

2 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

One thing I could see is that maybe Kreese has the rights to Cobra Kai, and either forces Johnny to work with him or leave.   Johnny stays in an attempt to prevent Kreese from corrupting the students, but it doesnt work, and he ultimately begins to work with Daniel.

Time will tell

This makes sense. Kreese will take over the dojo, bring in a few more Sensi's (Barnes and Dutch make sense) and Johnny will break away. Meanwhile, Danny bites off more than he can chew with running a dojo and dealership, will need extra hands to properly run Miyagi-Do, and will reluctantly turn to Johnny...

5 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

One thing I could see is that maybe Kreese has the rights to Cobra Kai, and either forces Johnny to work with him or leave. 

They dont really cover the fall out (they never do in Karate Kid movies) but doesnt Terry Silver still plan on opening Kobra Kai's all over? Maybe they have another sect outside the valley being run by Terry and Kreese

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

They dont really cover the fall out (they never do in Karate Kid movies) but doesnt Terry Silver still plan on opening Kobra Kai's all over? Maybe they have another sect outside the valley being run by Terry and Kreese

That would be awesome....although, as I said, I still expect Miguel to continue on his dark path into next season.   Maybe him and Eli/Hawk could go to Kreese's Cobra Kai.

I guess we'll find out next year.  

17 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I miss all 80s and 90s entertainment.   

GI Joe, Transformers, Batman, Spiderman, Gargoyles, Rugrats, X-Men. I grew up in the 90's but I have two older brothers who grew up in the 80's. I got the best of both worlds. 

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

GI Joe, Transformers, Batman, Spiderman, Gargoyles, Rugrats, X-Men. I grew up in the 90's but I have two older brothers who grew up in the 80's. I got the best of both worlds. 

Well I grew up in the 80s and the 90s, so I'm in the same boat.

12 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Well I grew up in the 80s and the 90s, so I'm in the same boat.

Bingo, same here. Which is why I appreciate callbacks done as well as this (I won't begin to go into how many botched Knight Rider and Dukes of Hazzard reboots I've suffered through...)

Archived