MCU: The Rankings

The Gnat

3 hours ago, TENINCH said:

No kidding. Iron Man 3 was trash.

And Thor Ragnarok has no sense of urgency/stakes the entire movie but most people have it in their top 4. 

16 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

And Thor Ragnarok has no sense of urgency/stakes the entire movie but most people have it in their top 4. 

I don't have it that high - but given how bad Thor 2 was, and the fact that Ragnarok's first 15+ minutes were devoted pretty much to retconning the Thor 2 disaster plot holes, I have to say the movie surpassed all my very-low expectations and blew me away with how much of a polar opposite it was from his predecessor.  The fact the writers took that time to repair the disaster takes in Thor 2 again shows how much overall MCU continuity matters.  They didn’t just ignore what happened in Thor 2 because it was a disaster - they fixed the holes then moved on.  That may also account for a lot of the love shown its way.    

Thor 2, Iron Man 2 & 3 are the 3 modern-era albatrosses of the MCU.   Incredible Hulk was made in a different time, without the clear direction Feige & co. had in mind, so while it belongs with those 3 disasters, I get why.    Ragnarok really turned Thor around.   And judging by Infinity Wars, Hemsworth's really grown into Thor, he's got both the comedic timing and the pathos down to a T now.   

But it's fair to wonder how Ragnarok will do as time goes on.    Civil War certainly lost a lot in my eyes with a viewing a year later.   Good, yes.  Great?  Nope.   Maybe the same happens with Ragnarok.

I'll post my rankings based on how much i rewatch them (i own most of them, sans Black Panther, IW, and Thor Dark World).  It feels wrong to rank some of these on the bottom.  I really like them all, except for maybe Incredible Hulk and Iron Man 2.  Not my favorites.

1. Iron Man
  2. Avengers: Infinity War
  3. The Avengers
  4. Guardians of the Galaxy
  5. Doctor Strange
  6. Thor: Ragnorok
  7. Spider-Man: Homecoming
  8. Captain America: Winter Soldier
  9. Captain America: Civil War
  10. Captain America: The First Avenger
  11. Thor: The Dark World
  12. Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol 2
  13. Ant-Man
  14. Avengers: Age of Ultron
  15. Iron Man 3
  16. Thor
  17. The Incredible Hulk
  18. Iron Man 2

Black Panther - haven't seen it yet

Updated with everyone's rankings thus far. Switched for weighting purposes.

Avengers: Infinity War - Average 17 even
The Avengers
Captainer America: Winter Soldier
Guardians of the Galaxy
Thor: Ragnarok
Iron Man
---- Below 14 for average
Captain America: Civil War
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Black Panther
Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol 2
Doctor Strange