Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 16 - Taco Bowl XVI POSTED!)

Just now, Glen said:

Chris Harris Jr and Tre White here we come

If my receivers can’t beat your secondary, I’m trading both of them for Ramsey and Landon Collins or another elite Safety. Because apparently defense beats world class offenses.

28 minutes ago, pwny said:

If my receivers can’t beat your secondary, I’m trading both of them for Ramsey and Landon Collins or another elite Safety. Because apparently defense beats world class offenses.

WRONG AGAIN BORTLES.. Defense wins championships 

1 hour ago, El ramster said:

Yo where these Jag Homer’s get rekr scrubs 

Stop. Nobody is trading for Fowler. Dude is Garbo.

If you want to trade me 3 tags and Fowler, I’ll give you a 6th. But I’m still not keeping Fowler. 

21 hours ago, El ramster said:

Yo where these Jag Homer’s get rekr scrubs 

19 hours ago, pwny said:

Stop. Nobody is trading for Fowler. Dude is Garbo.

If you want to trade me 3 tags and Fowler, I’ll give you a 6th. But I’m still not keeping Fowler. 

Should have moved Fowler when he was still in Jax.

11 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Should have moved Fowler when he was still in Jax.

I don’t think Flux was ever that high on him. And sabo and I both thought he was garbage from the draft process onwards. There was never a point I thought he was even justifiably an NFL starter, and while he had some decent sim stats for a bit, I don’t think I’d even have drafted him in the first 8 rounds, let alone find a reason to keep him. 

2 minutes ago, pwny said:

I don’t think Flux was ever that high on him. And sabo and I both thought he was garbage from the draft process onwards. There was never a point I thought he was even justifiably an NFL starter, and while he had some decent sim stats for a bit, I don’t think I’d even have drafted him in the first 8 rounds, let alone find a reason to keep him. 

It was more of a joke that any potential value a Jaguar has would be erased once they are traded / released.

On a serious note, do you think his knee injury before his rookie season stunted his potential, or did you have concerns prior? Me personally, I thought he was probably a first round pick, but I never understood the hype around him to be a bonafide top 10/top 5 pick.

46 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

It was more of a joke that any potential value a Jaguar has would be erased once they are traded / released.

On a serious note, do you think his knee injury before his rookie season stunted his potential, or did you have concerns prior? Me personally, I thought he was probably a first round pick, but I never understood the hype around him to be a bonafide top 10/top 5 pick.

I don't think the injury stunted his growth too much. He's about what I expected. I do think he will fit better with what the Rams do on defense than what we do. I agree with you that he was a first round talent, but I never understood why he was viewed as an elite prospect or even a better prospect than Beasley. Beasley has had a rough couple seasons after a stellar 2016, but still.

He isn't bad, but he did get overhyped by non-Jags fans after last season. He did well in the role we had him in, but he definitely benefited from schemed sacks and the guys around him (ie: Ngakoue, Campbell, and Malik).

1 hour ago, RuskieTitan said:

Based on how teams fall in love with players, I completely understood why he went top 5. That raw 4.6 speed is something teams just fall in love with even though it doesn’t translate.

I’m a big fan of Waldo’s pass rusher evaluation method (that he posted on our old forum actually) the subsequent version that Justis made, as well as SPARQ scores when it comes to getting the wheat from the chaff in evaluating EDGE guys. Using those, it was kinda easy to see he had straight line speed, but he didn’t have any bend, quick twitch speed or any of the other physical traits that translate to success. Then watching him in college, he had no pass rush moves and got along solely with his speed. It just wasn’t going to work.

I really thought he was going to be trash. I got into an argument with someone, where I said he would be out of the league before he finishes his 4th season. And while that’s an extremely harsh take to have of a player projected top 5, I think him being off his first team before the end of his 4th season is almost a win for me.

@Glen and @bucsfan333 actually came to Chicago and stayed at my place for the draft that year. They can verify I was pissed when it was announced that we took Fowler. They had draft tents set up for each team, and we went to the Jaguars one after the Bucs pick came in. After Mariota got drafted, the 40 or so fans in there laughed and then started chanting “We got Williams”. Then after the pick, everyone there was trying to tell each other that Fowler was actually the best player in the draft despite literally chanting for another player just a minute before. I was so dejected, I just stopped talking. It especially hurt because the day before the draft, Sabo had gotten a leak from our front office that trading down for Gurley was our #1 choice, but they didn’t end up doing it because they wanted more than Atlanta’s 2nd round pick in return.

As for the injury impacting him, I’m not sure it hurt him. He still has the same speed he had coming out. And if anything, the PT seemed to give him some bend he didn’t have before. He’s just an undeveloped player that beats terrible OL with straigh line speed if he can play them one on one.

Archived