Saints Watch- Additional First Round Pick (0-1)

pacman5252

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

The saints got a gift in that 4th and 1 too. Refs spotted that wrong.

Brees voluntarily pulled the ball back, should have been spotted a full yard short.

and the Packers don't get those kinds of gifts every now and then?

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

The saints got a gift in that 4th and 1 too. Refs spotted that wrong.

Brees voluntarily pulled the ball back, should have been spotted a full yard short.

I saw that but the same thing happened to us last year against the Cowboys on 4th and 1. Elliott brought the ball back voluntarily and they treated it like crossing the goal line. The Cowboys actually got the first down on review.  I think that is wrong, but they give the guy the 'forward progress' even though he pulled it back into his chest. 

That is a rule they should change but won't. 

1 minute ago, hsfolk said:

and the Packers don't get those kinds of gifts every now and then?

Lol, you clearly don't watch the Packers.

Packers getting a gift from the refs is like Donald Trump getting a Christmas present from Hillary Clinton.

Just now, Golfman said:

I saw that but the same thing happened to us last year against the Cowboys on 4th and 1. Elliott brought the ball back voluntarily and they treated it like crossing the goal line. The Cowboys actually got the first down on review.  I think that is wrong, but they give the guy the 'forward progress' even though he pulled it back into his chest. 

That is a rule they should change but won't. 

No need to change any rule. Just need to apply existing rules correctly.

They simply got inwrong both times.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

No need to change any rule. Just need to apply existing rules correctly.

They simply got inwrong both times.

Clearly, they did apply the rule correctly as the guy in NY they had on the network agreed he should get the forward mark, in both games. 

Just now, incognito_man said:

They actually didn't. People in NY can make mistakes too.

This isn't the only two times that has happened and 'forward progress' was given. They give the QB the furthest point they reach every time. You are just simply incorrect and by the way, I agree with you they shouldn't. 

30 minutes ago, Golfman said:

This isn't the only two times that has happened and 'forward progress' was given. They give the QB the furthest point they reach every time. You are just simply incorrect and by the way, I agree with you they shouldn't. 

I am not incorrect. Read the rules.

5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I am not incorrect. Read the rules.

Time to find the ignore button. I'm too old to deal with rock heads like yourself. They call it the same was, time after time. I don't give a **** what is in the rule book if they ALWAYS call it the other way. 

Just now, Golfman said:

Time to find the ignore button. I'm too old to deal with rock heads like yourself. They call it the same was, time after time. I don't give a **** what is in the rule book if they ALWAYS call it the other way. 

Please, stop responding anytime. I've been annoyed since your first response. Not sure I could have made it any more clear from the beginning what my point was. 

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Please, stop responding anytime. I've been annoyed since your first response. Not sure I could have made it any more clear from the beginning what my point was. 

Clearly, they either need to change the rule or clarify it for the officials who seem to get it 'wrong' every time. But you are the smartest guy in the room and will need to have the last word so by all means, go ahead. 

Archived