Telvin Smith lands at #67 on NFL's Top 100

This actually feels like a really fair spot for him, and an awesome recognition of his ability.  He truly is one of the elite LBers in the league.  If you need more proof than watching him week in and week out, watching the defense without him briefly last year just solidified it so clearly.

23 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

This actually feels like a really fair spot for him, and an awesome recognition of his ability.  He truly is one of the elite LBers in the league.  If you need more proof than watching him week in and week out, watching the defense without him briefly last year just solidified it so clearly.

Yup. Blair Brown played better than I expected him to and they used Poz intelligently during that stretch, but it was pretty clear that Telvin is a very special player when you saw how significantly different things were once he was removed and we got “somewhat competent” play at the position instead.

There were a handful of huge splash plays he made this year that you watch and think “he might be the only LB in the NFL who has the mix of instincts and talent to make that play”. Shazier was the only other guy that had that type of skill set, and sadly he’s not likely ever stepping foot on a field again as a player. Hopefully Jack can get to that level, but I really don’t see it. And that’s not a jab at Myles at all; Telvin is at a level few will ever get to.

1 hour ago, iPwn said:

Yup. Blair Brown played better than I expected him to and they used Poz intelligently during that stretch, but it was pretty clear that Telvin is a very special player when you saw how significantly different things were once he was removed and we got “somewhat competent” play at the position instead.

There were a handful of huge splash plays he made this year that you watch and think “he might be the only LB in the NFL who has the mix of instincts and talent to make that play”. Shazier was the only other guy that had that type of skill set, and sadly he’s not likely ever stepping foot on a field again as a player. Hopefully Jack can get to that level, but I really don’t see it. And that’s not a jab at Myles at all; Telvin is at a level few will ever get to.

It's honestly a pretty crazy thing, for a defence to change that much because of a WILL LBer. That almost never happens. Telvin is a special player. 

Does anyone have that list of players we listed as the best on the team at the beginning of last season? 

I am pretty sure I was banging the table for Telvin Smith to be the top rated player on our team (I was wrong about that one) and I don't remember where he ended up. This top 100 list definitely doesn't have him as the top rate Jaguars because I am sure there are at least 3 more Jaguars that'll be showing up. Possibly 4. 

1 hour ago, Jags said:

Does anyone have that list of players we listed as the best on the team at the beginning of last season? 

I am pretty sure I was banging the table for Telvin Smith to be the top rated player on our team (I was wrong about that one) and I don't remember where he ended up. This top 100 list definitely doesn't have him as the top rate Jaguars because I am sure there are at least 3 more Jaguars that'll be showing up. Possibly 4. 

We did the first three on the old forum. We moved the game over here for #4, but it died off. Technically Telvin won 4th, but there were only two votes for him (myself as one of them).

We had:

1. Jalen

2. Calais

3. Malik

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I think this is fair. He might be a household name after another beast year

Although most here might think it's fair, Telvin doesn't lol! He feels he should've at least been top 25, but at the same time he's happy to be in the top 100 at all. It's truly a popularity contest for players and they're human too so there is bound to be good players left off/ unfairly rated and good names rated higher than they should be. 

On 5/15/2018 at 11:41 AM, iPwn said:

We did the first three on the old forum. We moved the game over here for #4, but it died off. Technically Telvin won 4th, but there were only two votes for him (myself as one of them).

We had:

1. Jalen

2. Calais

3. Malik

Thank you for this. Now we are pretty sure that there will be at least 3 more Jaguars on this list (AJB, Ramsey, and Calais), but they were saying that next week will have a Jaguar on this list. Do you think it'll be one of the 3 guys mentioned or do you think there will be 4 more Jaguars on this list? 

Which Jaguars will be on the list next week?

Find out on the next episode of Dragon Ball Z!

4 hours ago, Jags said:

Thank you for this. Now we are pretty sure that there will be at least 3 more Jaguars on this list (AJB, Ramsey, and Calais), but they were saying that next week will have a Jaguar on this list. Do you think it'll be one of the 3 guys mentioned or do you think there will be 4 more Jaguars on this list? 

So we have to watch 6 more episodes for something remotely interesting to happen?

8 hours ago, Jags said:

What about Bortle???

Archived