ILB M.Kendricks

mwalker

so is this to really prove they are right about dupree and make sure he gets his stats at ROLB? Why the switch according to your source?

"He couldn't do anything against RT's, might as well se how he does vs LT's, good idea! "

What do others here think of this switch? I can't see this working out for the better at all.  Only way would be if they rush TJ more and he is better vs RT's. 

9 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Rumor has it Bud Dupree is being moved to ROLB and TJ Watt is being moved to LOLB.  Kendricks would fit at ILB.

Just to clarify, the article I read said that this isn't a permanent switch. They are just trying to move guys around in an effort to create mismatches/confusion for the Offense. So they'll sprinkle in this switch a couple plays a game. Meaning, Watt plays ROLB and Dupree LOLB the vast majority of the time but I welcome any type of new wrinkle. Perhaps if Dupree is asked to Rush the QB more often a light bulb will come on and his play will match his ability. 

9 hours ago, Chieferific said:

Just to clarify, the article I read said that this isn't a permanent switch. They are just trying to move guys around in an effort to create mismatches/confusion for the Offense. So they'll sprinkle in this switch a couple plays a game. Meaning, Watt plays ROLB and Dupree LOLB the vast majority of the time but I welcome any type of new wrinkle. Perhaps if Dupree is asked to Rush the QB more often a light bulb will come on and his play will match his ability. 

I hope htey do stuff like this.  I've only been calling for it for 3 years now.

I heard he is signing a one year 3.5 million today with Cleveland.

I know the Steelers hardly ever dip into free agency but I think it is a necessity this year to bring in another ILB.

Bostic is injury prone and Matkovich is too slow. Bowman played well with his limited time with the Raiders last year

and he is still available............

9 minutes ago, Lambert44 said:

I heard he is signing a one year 3.5 million today with Cleveland.

I know the Steelers hardly ever dip into free agency but I think it is a necessity this year to bring in another ILB.

Bostic is injury prone and Matkovich is too slow. Bowman played well with his limited time with the Raiders last year

and he is still available............

I think the Steelers will wait and see how things go during camp.  There will be more big name cuts due to salary during the camp cuts. The team may look for the surprise cut like Haden was.  Even Kendricks may well be a casualty if he does not earn a starting spot and the prospect of starting elsewhere seem more appealing. The Browns LB'ers are not bad. I am not sure he takes one of those spots. How appealing is it to be a back-up or special teams guy at this point in his career?

It is still football in shorts right now and there is one more OTA before the real deal starts. Let's see what Bostic, Dirty Red and Williams do when the pads go on in August. I still think Bostic and Dirty Red can be a decent to solid ILB group.  They won't be the elite type of ILB crew, but I can see them being more effective and better than what we had last year after Shazier went down. We will see.

Archived