The Philadelphia Phillies Thread

mse326

What are you guys hoping for this offseason?

Maybe a 

Bryce Harper- clear reasons to want to bring him in 

Marwin Gonzalez - can play all around the field can fill in any holes that form from underperforming younger guys

Yusei Kikuchi- Heard the phillies want to have more of a presence in japan and overseas in general. Could be a good starting point and also give them the lefty starter they need.

Zach britton- If he returns to form he's the closer we need if he doesnt he's the lefty bullpen arm we need.

type haul? I mean we have the money to do all those things and probably realistically. 

Edited by ninjapirate

I definitely want in on Harper. He's kind of a jackass, but he's a hard-nosed player who will fit in well in the city of Philly. Plus he absolutely rakes in CBP

Please can we trade Santana? Rhys needs to play 1st, and I don't want that bum playing 3rd (awful idea)

9 hours ago, RBreezy said:

I definitely want in on Harper. He's kind of a jackass, but he's a hard-nosed player who will fit in well in the city of Philly. Plus he absolutely rakes in CBP

Please can we trade Santana? Rhys needs to play 1st, and I don't want that bum playing 3rd (awful idea)

yeah carlos needs to go maybe to the yankees with sonny gray coming back? Add in whatever to make everything work.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2018 at 8:17 AM, flyguy1609 said:

reportedly were shopping Santana, with the idea of bring Hoskins back to 1st. We def need another SP, I also wouldn't be upset if we sign a closer and keep them there all year.

what closer is out there besides kimbrel who i have no interest in. A 30 year old coming off his worst year as a pro. I wonder if we sign a starting pitcher if we can't groom pivetta for that role. His high velocity and great breaking ball might make him a rather good closer.

Edited by ninjapirate

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-storylines-heading-into-thanksgiving/c-300961160?tid=282421090

Jon Morosi of MLB Network reports that the Phillies have expressed interest in Jean Segura and Edwin Diaz.

The Phillies are believed to be one of the top pursuers of Manny Machado and have also been linked to Craig Kimbrel. A deal for Segura or Diaz -- possibly both if things get crazy -- would cost far less in salary, but would also require Philadelphia to give up prospects. The Mariners appear to be open to dealing Segura, but reportedly believe Diaz is a part of the long-term solution. Any deal made with Segura would also require him to waive his no-trade clause. He's signed through 2022 with a club option for 2023.

5 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

what closer is out there besides kimbrel who i have no interest in. A 30 year old coming off his worst year as a pro. I wonder if we sign a starting pitcher if we can't groom pivetta for that role. His high velocity and great breaking ball might make him a rather good closer.

Could trade for Diaz.

cody Allan, Andrew Miller, David Robertson Romo,  Greg Holland are some Fa's  rp's who could close... I wouldn't mind Pivetta closing either. I just want Gabe to say player X is going be closer all year and not mix and match.

1 hour ago, flyguy1609 said:

Could trade for Diaz.

cody Allan, Andrew Miller, David Robertson Romo,  Greg Holland are some Fa's  rp's who could close... I wouldn't mind Pivetta closing either. I just want Gabe to say player X is going be closer all year and not mix and match.

This is never going to happen, nor should it.

7 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

if you have someone on a level above everyone else it could happen

Gabe is never going to use a guy in a specific inning. If he has someone like that, they'll be used at the most crucial time in the game.

Just now, ninjapirate said:

well yeah it makes more sense to use your closer in the 8th if the other teams 345 hitters are due up. 

When people say closer, I assume they mean a guy that comes in and gets the last however many outs. If the bases are loaded in the 7th in a one-run game, with one out. I want our best reliever to go in then.