Jump to content

The Philadelphia Phillies Thread


Recommended Posts

Welcome to our nightmare where the Phillies suck and there is no hope.

On pace to lose over 100 games? Check

Our two building blocks (Herrera and Franco) sucking? Check

Our former top prospect (JP Crawford) disappearing? Check

Get me Sam Hinkie on the phone, I have a rebuild for him.

 

UPDATE: Optimism returns  (03/31/19)

Rhys Hoskins is Babe Ruth reincarnate

Bryce will put it together

Nola is an Ace

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, RollEagles said:

Nola's on a bit of a hot streak

Yeah he has been really good his the past couple of months good to see he isn't broken any more. 

 

 

But I mean besides him and Nick Williams looking good in a super small sample size not much going for the phils. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

Yeah he has been really good his the past couple of months good to see he isn't broken any more. 

 

 

But I mean besides him and Nick Williams looking good in a super small sample size not much going for the phils. 

Yup. This team has no real direction right now. I can deal with a bad major league team if I see where they are going and if there are good assets in the minors, but right now we've got nothing to show us the way. This is sure doesn't look like a situation where a quick turnaround is even possible.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mse326 said:

Yup. This team has no real direction right now. I can deal with a bad major league team if I see where they are going and if there are good assets in the minors, but right now we've got nothing to show us the way. This is sure doesn't look like a situation where a quick turnaround is even possible.

The phillies have money which is really their best asset right now. Now will they be able to use that to build a contender? I really doubt it. We havent called up a game changing player since Cole Hamels. I wonder who has the second worst streak behind that one lol. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Pete Mackanin should be fired. Just bunted Cesar with Perkins on first and none out. Bunting for a hit there? Fine. A sac bunt? No.

 

A legit sac bunt is stupid in any scenario, and especially stupid in this one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, utley4568 said:

Pete Mackanin should be fired. Just bunted Cesar with Perkins on first and none out. Bunting for a hit there? Fine. A sac bunt? No.

 

A legit sac bunt is stupid in any scenario, and especially stupid in this one.

I mean I know he hasn't been given the best talent but still I dont think he has done a good job. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, EaglesFan5-36-81 said:

Jhaylin Ortiz is only 18 and has reportedly hit 500 ft blasts in BP. He's probably gonna end up at first and needs to fix holes in his swing, but he's something we can get excited about 4 years down the line or so...

Went to see him a few times. The kid is enormous.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, EaglesFan5-36-81 said:

Jhaylin Ortiz is only 18 and has reportedly hit 500 ft blasts in BP. He's probably gonna end up at first and needs to fix holes in his swing, but he's something we can get excited about 4 years down the line or so...

End up at first in his 30s yes. He has the arm and athleticism for right field currently. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...