My 10 Most Overrated Players in NFL history

NFLExpert49

2 hours ago, NFLExpert49 said:

10. Steve McNair

He was not a great quarterback. He was only OK. Folks, the soft bigotry of low expectations for black quarterbacks.......

6. Michael Vick

.....He was a bottom 10 starting QB every year that he started but one. Instead, because of his race and “exciting” running ability, he’s remembered as though he was really good. 

Hutson played in an all-white league. All he was was the best white receiver of his era. And I’m sorry, but in general, blacks are just better at most of the attributes that make a great wide receiver than whites.

Vince Young

.... A black quarterback on a winning team = Pro Bowl.

What kind of "NFLExpert" uses race in any way to describe his or hers point of view? 

I'm sorry, but this kind of tells alot about yourself and one that makes it hard to take you serious enough to even wanna have a legitimate conversation with. 

Walsh wanted to be able to go deep, but Montana was limited, so Walsh rolled with what he had. And then he traded for Steve Young and quarterback controversy ensued until Walsh’s retirement. And that was when Montana had only won 2 of his 4 rings.

Only 2. Montana was garbage

Let’s start off with something that has been pissing me off for a long time now: The misuse of the term, “slot receiver.” There is no such position as “slot receiver.” The position is "wide receiver." The slot is just one place where a wide receiver can line up.

giphy-6-1.gif?resize=480,270

24 minutes ago, NFLExpert49 said:

It's a major part of the discussion, whether you like it or not.

And if you think that slot receiver is a different position from wide receiver, that's just ignorant on your part. 

It is not a major part of the discussion at all. You're just trying to make it about that. We have these kinds of discussions about players all the time on this site without race ever being brought up whatsoever. 

And if you think that slot receiver is a different position from wide receiver, that's just ignorant on your part. 

Are you serious? I don't know why I am even entertaining this ridiculous thought....but please explain how there is no such thing as a slot receiver and why it is no different than an outside receiver? Go..

9 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

It is not a major part of the discussion at all. You're just trying to make it about that. We have these kinds of discussions about players all the time on this site without race ever being brought up whatsoever. 

Are you serious? I don't know why I am even entertaining this ridiculous thought....but please explain how there is no such thing as a slot receiver and why it is no different than an outside receiver? Go..

I said there is no such "position." It's just a different place on the field for the same position to line up. Nobody goes, "hurr durr, this receiver is a split end, not a flanker, therefore he needs to be in a separate category from this other receiver." The talented receivers will line up everywhere. 

As for race: It's a major part of the story in these instances. You can't remove the best athletes in the world from the game during a player's era and ignore the fact that the best athletes aren't participating when discussing that player's greatness. 

For me this list begins and ends with Donovan McNabb.

Like the inclusion of Wes Welker 

And the Jason Witten 1st ballot HOFer talk puts him on the list for me. Never in the same universe as Gronk, Gates, or Or Gonzalez. Or Graham at his peak

And holy **** a lot of great TEs last names begin with G

9 minutes ago, NFLExpert49 said:

I said there is no such "position." It's just a different place on the field for the same position to line up. Nobody goes, "hurr durr, this receiver is a split end, not a flanker, therefore he needs to be in a separate category from this other receiver." The talented receivers will line up everywhere. 

Then you clearly don't understand the different assignments, responsibilities and match-ups that are aligned with each position. So yes, people do look at things such as where a player has lined up to avoid match-ups during games or if his raw stat line, such as catches, is mainly from playing one position and where he lined up on the field.

But hey, I gotta give it to you though, that is without a doubt the first time in my life I have ever heard anyone say that there is no such thing as a slot receiver.

14 minutes ago, NFLExpert49 said:

As for race: It's a major part of the story in these instances. You can't remove the best athletes in the world from the game during a player's era and ignore the fact that the best athletes aren't participating when discussing that player's greatness. 

I'm not going any further into this "debate" with you. 

The bottomline is, we have some good discussions on this forum all the time without race ever having to be mentioned at all, so it is obviously not a "major part" of any discussion. It may be a major part to you, NFLExpert49, but not to most it isn't. 

Forum Rules 

• Do not post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. This includes references in usernames, signatures, avatars, and PMs. 
  • Personal attacks, name calling, and threats to other members are not allowed. 
  • Do not flame or troll. This is when you start a topic or post just to anger or incite other members.  
  • Do not post copyrighted material. 
  • Do not promote (SPAM) other websites in your posts, signatures, or PMs. 
  • You may not discuss race, religion, politics, or sexual-orientation on these forums. This includes references in usernames, signatures, avatars, and PMs. 
  • You are only allowed one username. Anyone caught with multiple usernames may receive a ban.  
  • Finally, this is a business and if you are doing anything which the webmaster deems 'bad for business' you will be asked to stop. If you choose to ignore the webmaster, you'll receive a ban. 

•  

Archived