Steeler forum fantasy football

KJtheWicked

I think we have 11, that’s assuming @FourThreeMafia Is in? So we need one more.

I started setting up a league on NFL. So I guess we can start talking about what kind of league we want. Any specific scoring types you guys want? I typically prefer non ppr, standard scoring, but I don’t mind ppr either. 

How about keepers? This is the 2nd year we’ve done this, and it looks like the same group of us that did it last year. Do you guys wanna do some sort of keeper league? 

Also I can commish, @wwhickok do you want to co-commish with me? In one of my leagues this year we learned the hard way that life happens, and two people should have access to the league. 

To me if you wanna do a Keeper League it would have to start next year. People may have drafted differently last year if they knew it was going to be a Keeper League. I like PPR and whatever scoring. Also, same Roster size (i.e. 1 QB/2 RBs/2 WRs/1 TE/1 Flex (RB/WR/TE)/K/ Defense? 

5 hours ago, Chieferific said:

To me if you wanna do a Keeper League it would have to start next year. People may have drafted differently last year if they knew it was going to be a Keeper League. I like PPR and whatever scoring. Also, same Roster size (i.e. 1 QB/2 RBs/2 WRs/1 TE/1 Flex (RB/WR/TE)/K/ Defense? 

Yeah that’s what I meant. Believe me, I don’t think there’s anybody from my roster last year that I’m interested in keeping. ? But if we agree to make it a keeper league, we can go into this draft knowing we will be keeping players next year.

Im alright with ppr if that’s what you guys want to do. 

Do do you guys like they way points are usually scored? For instance TD=6pts, 10yds rushing=1pt, etc? In my two main leagues, we cut the scoring in half. So  TD=3pts, 20yds rushing=1pt, etc. doesn’t really make a difference, just gives you closer to football like scores. Thoughts?

Im thinking 20 roster spots. 10 starters, 10 bench. I hate leagues with only 15, especially keeper leagues. Any objections?

As far as keeper rules, I think we should keep it simple. No losing picks for keeping certain players, or other weird penalties for keeping guys. I think we should do one of three things. Either go full fledged dynasty, only keep a small amount of players regardless of position, or keep one at each position and maybe a flex or two. What’s everyone’s thoughts on all that? Personally, I really like dynasty leagues, but the funnest part of fantasy is the draft, and dynasty drafts are boring as hell. 

I say limit Keepers to 1 or 2. To me scoring doesn't matter that much. Whether the final score is 44-45 or 124-125 it doesn't matter because it's the same rules for every team. What I'm accustomed to is 6pts for TDs from RB/WR/TE/Defense and 4pts for Passing TDs. 1pt for every 10yds Rushing/Receiving and 1pt for every 25yds thrown. Sacks/INTs 1pt and additional pts for lower pts allowed. These are mere suggestions. I fine with whatever. 

Same here JD. My one league passing TDs are 2pts, rushing & receiving TDs are 3pts. Even like that QBs still wind up being most of the highest scoring players.

So for keepers, how about we keep 1 RB, 1 WR, and one flex. The flex can be any position. 

Alright, so we just need one more to fill out the league. You guys can PM me email addresses whenever and I can get you into the league. I haven’t set anything up in it yet, I just created the league. 

Just got done setting up the scoring and league rules. So once you get in, give it a look over and see if everything is okay or if I missed anything. 

Still one spot remaining. Need that filled and everyone’s email so I can get you into the league. If we can get everything good to go, I’d like to start drafting July 15th, if everybody is okay with that. Just gotta figure out how to do the draft order.

Archived