Owens declines HoF Ceremony Invitation

WizardHawk

On 8/6/2018 at 8:42 AM, mse326 said:

The thing with McNabb though is he had at least half the Eagles on his side. The reason it was "divisive" was because a large chunk agreed with him. We blame TO about it because he was vocal about it publicly while the others said nothing and McNabb pretended to be a choir boy to the media. The schism was there whether he talked publicly or not, the only difference is we knew about it.

Exactly.  The Eagles thing was very real and was just as much caused by McNabb.  Hugh Douglas was THE locker room leader on those Eagles teams and he was 100% behind TO.  BDawk still talks about TO as his brother.  The bottom line with TO and the Eagles was simply that the situation between he and McNabb had become untenable.  And in the NFL the one guy you cant fight with is the QB.

23 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Exactly.  The Eagles thing was very real and was just as much caused by McNabb.  Hugh Douglas was THE locker room leader on those Eagles teams and he was 100% behind TO.  BDawk still talks about TO as his brother.  The bottom line with TO and the Eagles was simply that the situation between he and McNabb had become untenable.  And in the NFL the one guy you cant fight with is the QB.

Weird, because Douglas and Owens got into a physical fight at the facility. 

On 8/6/2018 at 9:42 AM, mse326 said:

The thing with McNabb though is he had at least half the Eagles on his side. The reason it was "divisive" was because a large chunk agreed with him. We blame TO about it because he was vocal about it publicly while the others said nothing and McNabb pretended to be a choir boy to the media. The schism was there whether he talked publicly or not, the only difference is we knew about it.

I'm always surprised that history doesn't remember this because McNabb is definitely one of the the least liked great players the Eagles have ever had from what I remember. 

On 8/6/2018 at 8:42 AM, mse326 said:

When has this happened with McNabb at any other point when he was a Eagle?  On every single team Owens was on (49ers, Cowboys, Eagles) there was something.  Seems like the common denominator between all of those situations is Owens.  Same with Jeff Garcia.  When has Jeff Garcia ever had any type of issues with a teammate that we know of?  Owens also had an issue with Jason Witten and how he was targeted by Romo.  When has Witten ever had anything like this happen to him?

11 hours ago, showtime said:

When has this happened with McNabb at any other point when he was a Eagle?  On every single team Owens was on (49ers, Cowboys, Eagles) there was something.  Seems like the common denominator between all of those situations is Owens.  Same with Jeff Garcia.  When has Jeff Garcia ever had any type of issues with a teammate that we know of?  Owens also had an issue with Jason Witten and how he was targeted by Romo.  When has Witten ever had anything like this happen to him?

You're kidding right?  We can either assume Dez and TO both independently came to the same realization some 7 odd years apart,  or we can admit theres certainly some smoke surrounding Witt

23 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Weird, because Douglas and Owens got into a physical fight at the facility. 

Yet Douglas has backed TO over and over again.  See football players are people too.  Ive gotten in fights with some of my really good friends before.  When the fight is done the beef is squashed and you move on. Youre still friends.

5 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

You're kidding right?  We can either assume Dez and TO both independently came to the same realization some 7 odd years apart,  or we can admit theres certainly some smoke surrounding Witt

What did Dez Bryant do with Witten?

On 8/9/2018 at 4:41 AM, Superman(DH23) said:

When has a locker room divide ever happened under the Eagles involving McNabb outside of the Owens situation?  When has Jeff Garcia ever been criticized by a teammate the way Owens criticized him?  Garcia and McNabb (Eagles tenure) played in the NFL for a long time.  Seems like the common denominator in both those situations is Terrell Owens and it hasn't happened before or after him with either one of those guys.  I'm not writing this to say that I'm 100% right.  I'm writing this to ask those questions because I could be wrong.

On 8/9/2018 at 2:37 PM, showtime said:

Mcnabb is a well known alcholic (multiple DUis) that threw up during football games most likely from hangovers. Let's not paint him as some saint. 

21 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Yet Douglas has backed TO over and over again.  See football players are people too.  Ive gotten in fights with some of my really good friends before.  When the fight is done the beef is squashed and you move on. Youre still friends.

I don't know if they're friends. But they don't have to be for Douglas to respect some aspects of his character. Just not all of them.

5 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Supposedly one of the issues with Dez involved "Garrett's boys" including Witten getting special treatment in the offense.  

Ah yes, special treatment.  The same special treatment that Dez Bryant routinely received when he would show up late or be a no show to numerous team practices, meetings, treatment sessions, etc.  At least that's what was widely reported two years ago, I believe.

24 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Mcnabb is a well known alcholic (multiple DUis) that threw up during football games most likely from hangovers. Let's not paint him as some saint. 

When did I ever paint McNabb as a saint?  Please, show me where I said that.  I said that I don't recall McNabb ever being apart of a locker room splitting feud during his time on the Eagles outside of the Owens situation.

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

When did I ever paint McNabb as a saint?  Please, show me where I said that.  I said that I don't recall McNabb ever being apart of a locker room splitting feud during his time on the Eagles outside of the Owens situation.

just saying mcnabb was an easy person to have feud with especially when you are ball hungry like T.O. and your Qb is a lush throwing balls into the dirt at an uncanny rate.

Archived