No Redskins season ticket waiting list anymore

turtle28

5 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yup. Sucks for players. But I'm glad they have dropped the pretense and stopped lying to themselves and the rest of us. You cannot change course until you admit you have a problem and assess it correctly

The problem is Snyder. The solution is ... ?

21 hours ago, Woz said:

The problem is Snyder. The solution is ... ?

He either learns how to be an owner who stays out of it, or he continues down the path he is on.  LaFemina is a great hire for the business side- he is going to do as much as he is able to promote the team and generate interest and sales, but the fact is that the fan base is drained from years of losing, letdowns, Snyder tinkering, etc.  The owner has to stay out of it and let the football operations do their own thing.  Ultimately, putting a consistent, winning team out there is the best way to generate ticket sales.  Even if they shrink the new seating capacity to newer stadium levels- 65,000- they still wouldn't be selling out most games. 

It boggles my mind that people are mad the stadium isn't packed and the fans aren't coming out to games...

This is a market correction for what should have happened years ago. The truth of the matter is that the fans have been mistreated by the Snyder regime and taken advantage of for their diehard loyalty. They've finally relented and are speaking with their dollars...It is no coincidence that new executives were hired for Marketing, Ticketing, Sponsorships and Fan Experience.

What happens on the field is ultimately what matters, but the organization finally recognizing that the've lost the fanbase and that they need to patch up that relationship is very important. After all, step 1 is admitting you have a problem.

14 minutes ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

It boggles my mind that people are mad the stadium isn't packed and the fans aren't coming out to games...

This is a market correction for what should have happened years ago. The truth of the matter is that the fans have been mistreated by the Snyder regime and taken advantage of for their diehard loyalty. They've finally relented and are speaking with their dollars...It is no coincidence that new executives were hired for Marketing, Ticketing, Sponsorships and Fan Experience.

What happens on the field is ultimately what matters, but the organization finally recognizing that the've lost the fanbase and that they need to patch up that relationship is very important. After all, step 1 is admitting you have a problem.

Speaking for myself only, if I didn't think the team would be moving to VA when they eventually leave Fed Ex Field,  I wouldn't have my tickets right now.  I have a lot of fun memories with my dad and uncle attending games, and now that I have income and can afford them, I have them and will ride it out to VA.  I have no interest in paying a PSL and driving over the bridge from my home in Maryland. 

15 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I have no interest in paying a PSL and driving over the bridge from my home in Maryland. 

It's kind of why I dropped mine after one year (living in VA and driving to FedEx sucks). It's a problem regardless of which side of the river the stadium is on.

16 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

He either learns how to be an owner who stays out of it, or he continues down the path he is on.

He hasn't learned by now after twenty years of owning the team. He is who he is: a less affable, (unfortunately) younger Jerry Jones.

1 minute ago, Woz said:

It's kind of why I dropped mine after one year (living in VA and driving to FedEx sucks). It's a problem regardless of which side of the river the stadium is on.

Exactly.  And as it stands for me, I can sneak around a couple back roads and get there in 25 minutes from where I pick people up south of Annapolis.  I was off D lot right after the game ended and to that spot in 30 minutes this past week.  

Archived