Bell contract 2018

3rivers

38 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

If Bell doesnt show up, its because he wants to make sure Pittsburgh cant trade him to Philadelphia.

can will rescind the tag and let him walk, then spend his cap value on Peterson 21 ? The question is , what would it cost us to get Pertson21?  No need to scheme, leave him and Haden alone, let everyone else blitz xD This is working out better than I hoped.  The writing is on the wall - we can't go anywhere  with Burns starting or even playing, that is a fact. 

41 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

can will rescind the tag and let him walk, then spend his cap value on Peterson 21 ? The question is , what would it cost us to get Pertson21?  No need to scheme, leave him and Haden alone, let everyone else blitz xD This is working out better than I hoped.  The writing is on the wall - we can't go anywhere  with Burns starting or even playing, that is a fact. 

Id give up dupree, burns, and a 6th for Peterson and a desperate team like AZ might accept. Then start keion adams the rest of the season.

7 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Id give up dupree, burns, and a 6th for Peterson and a desperate team like AZ might accept. Then start keion adams the rest of the season.

Adeyini and Chickillo would split time, maybe run a bit of 4-3 and try Thomas and Fort at LB, Watt would be the elephant.  I don't see how AZ would want dupree since they appear set with Jones and Golden, but why not try? That trade you mentioned is 2 firsts and a 6th xD

There's some rumors floating around right now:

1 - Bell failed a drug test, was suspended 10 games, and this 'holdout' is really him serving a suspension.

2 - He thought the team would crack and have a trade deal in place, and since they don't he's not showing up.

3 - The team wants to put him on the exempt list for 2 weeks without pay, and he threatened to file for arbitration.

if he reports, then it's all the sooner a trade can get done ! xD

Peterson and Graham, thats all I can ask, and might as well ship out burns because why not^_^

@warfelg where do you get his information "rumours " that you have ? I couldn't have asked for a better deal than that, but am hoping they could keep washington. 

With the talk of the Steelers putting a transition tag on Bell next year, I through I would figure out what the means for Bell ( if they do it). 

Transition Tags
A transition player designation gives the free agent's team the right of first refusal. If the player receives an offer from another club, his initial team has seven days after his contract expires to match it and the player stays. If the team doesn't match the offer, the player moves on and the team receives no compensation at all.

It costs less to retain a transition player. The one-year contract is based on the average of the top 10 salaries for the position he plays instead of five, or 120 percent of the player's previous year's salary, whichever is greater.

• Le’Veon Bell    Steelers $9,432,000    
  • Todd Gurley    Rams    $7,228,306
  • David Johnson Cardinals $5,041,843
  • Devonta Freeman    Falcons $5,000,000
  • LeSean McCoy    Bills $8,950,000
  • Saquon Barkley    Giants  $5,671,773    
  • Jerick McKinnon    49ers  $6,000,000    
  • Leonard Fournette     Jaguars $6,170,655
  • Lamar Miller    Texans  $6,750,000    
  • Ezekiel Elliott    Cowboys  $6,806,274

============================
= 600300851

Avg = $6,030,085

If Bell reports this week the average for the top 10 RB salaries for 2018 is below 7M
120 % of his current salary is 11,318,400

It only keeps getting worst the longer he is out.

**  I got the numbers from https://overthecap.com/position/running-back/ and looked at the top 10 RBs salary THIS YEAR.

** The numbers are the cap hit for each RB for 2018.

** I subtracted the 6 x855,529 from the 14.5M for Bell's salary for this season.

7 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Honestly, even when he hits FA I have a feeling he is going to get offers that are less than what we made to him.

Oh definitely.  Every NFL team has a breaking point.  Right now the strikes against Bell making more money are becoming too much:  Drug suspensions, injury, price tag, has lied to his current team twice, his backup is producing at a high level in his absence.  There does come a certain point where if you are a team looking to sign him that you start to question "is he really worth it".  I think there's going to be a movement to that.

Archived