Best QB to never make not even a Pro Bowl as an alternate.

TecmoSuperJoe

First QB that came to mind when I saw this topic was Jeff George.  He was deserving of being a Pro Bowler in 1994, 1997, and 1999 and didn't go.  Though he played pretty well in 1995, I find it hard to make a case for him being snubbed when both Scott Mitchell and Erik Kramer were snubbed and had better statistical seasons that year

But George played very well in his first season with the Falcons in 1994.  In 1997, he threw 29 TDs to only 9 INTs and led the league in passing yards with just under 4000, but because the Raiders had one of the worst defenses I NFL history they finished 4-12 and nobody else cared.  But as a Vikings fan I will always be thankful for 1999.  Cunningham exposed himself as a fluke from the year before, and George came right in and saved our season.  He lit it up with 23 TDs in only 10 games, AND he played really well in both playoff games too.  The numbers he was on pace for in a 16 game season were pretty staggering at the time.  I wish we had gotten to see a bit more of the George to Randy Moss connection because they developed a really strong rapport in the short time they were together.  It would have been awesome if we had brought him back 1 more season, but Culpeper was ready to start by that time

Either way, you'll probably find a lot of people out there that will talk down about Jeff George and make him out to be a huge bust.  I'm not one of them because I saw his arm talent for what it was, even if his attitude did hold him back throughout his career

1 hour ago, footbull3196 said:

First QB that came to mind when I saw this topic was Jeff George.  He was deserving of being a Pro Bowler in 1994, 1997, and 1999 and didn't go.  Though he played pretty well in 1995, I find it hard to make a case for him being snubbed when both Scott Mitchell and Erik Kramer were snubbed and had better statistical seasons that year

But George played very well in his first season with the Falcons in 1994.  In 1997, he threw 29 TDs to only 9 INTs and led the league in passing yards with just under 4000, but because the Raiders had one of the worst defenses I NFL history they finished 4-12 and nobody else cared.  But as a Vikings fan I will always be thankful for 1999.  Cunningham exposed himself as a fluke from the year before, and George came right in and saved our season.  He lit it up with 23 TDs in only 10 games, AND he played really well in both playoff games too.  The numbers he was on pace for in a 16 game season were pretty staggering at the time.  I wish we had gotten to see a bit more of the George to Randy Moss connection because they developed a really strong rapport in the short time they were together.  It would have been awesome if we had brought him back 1 more season, but Culpeper was ready to start by that time

Either way, you'll probably find a lot of people out there that will talk down about Jeff George and make him out to be a huge bust.  I'm not one of them because I saw his arm talent for what it was, even if his attitude did hold him back throughout his career

George did take a lot of sacks though. Yeeessshhh. 

2 hours ago, Classic said:

Josh McCown for a QB who has never been a pro bowler has the longest career. That's gotta be a record.

I was hoping Testaverde would have him beat, but he went twice.

He's actually tied 6th in years behind:

Craig Morton - 18 years

Steve DeBerg & Joe Ferguson - 17

Steve Grogan & Bill Munson - 16

Archived