World Cup Knockout Round 7/3 - It's coming home

drd23

England has fallen apart since the goal.  Colombia couldn't even get to the box prior to that ridiculous shot and now it seems Colombia is completely on the front foot.

1 minute ago, PAW said:

England has fallen apart since the goal.  Colombia couldn't even get to the box prior to that ridiculous shot and now it seems Colombia is completely on the front foot.

They've just dropped so deep and Colombia can easily play forward and whip crosses in. England were effective when they were pressing and forcing turnovers, now it's Colombia who are pressing. 

Oxlade-Chamberlain injury was huge.  I thought it was a joke he wanted to be a mid, but he looked really good for Liverpool.  Would be a big upgrade over Lingard in that role.

Just now, PAW said:

Oxlade-Chamberlain injury was huge.  I thought it was a joke he wanted to be a mid, but he looked really good for Liverpool.  Would be a big upgrade over Lingard in that role.

Lallana is another. This team could really use him but I can completely understand why he wasn't selected. He just offers a spark and creativity that isn't there. 

15 minutes ago, RamRod said:

I’m at work but can’t watch so I don’t know how the rest of the game has been, but going off the video, it should not be a penalty.

It was, just like Panama and Tunisia it's been WWE at set pieces.

2 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

They've just dropped so deep and Colombia can easily play forward and whip crosses in. England were effective when they were pressing and forcing turnovers, now it's Colombia who are pressing. 

This 2nd half needs to change.

We're loosing on penalties

1 minute ago, LeeEvans said:

That's just the wrong decision from Lingard again. He tries a left footed volley in a crowded area instead of keeping possession. 

If England goes out today, he has to be target #1.  I'm sure they'll blame Sterling like always, but Lingard has just been awful.

1 minute ago, PAW said:

If England goes out today, he has to be target #1.  I'm sure they'll blame Sterling like always, but Lingard has just been awful.

The fact he is still on the pitch speaks to England's options at the position. 

Archived