Saints DE saves man trapped in a car

Raves

I remember the guys name but nothing more. Hopefully good fortune comes his way as this was the way of a hero!

Have yall seen those videos where they set up an emergency situation in a busy city and people walk right by it with nothing but a glance?

Unfortunately, that is too common. People are scared to help thinking they might put themselves in danger. That's why I love to hear about people like this. Thank you Mr. Loewen!

26 minutes ago, BossierWhoDat said:

I remember the guys name but nothing more. Hopefully good fortune comes his way as this was the way of a hero!

Have yall seen those videos where they set up an emergency situation in a busy city and people walk right by it with nothing but a glance?

Unfortunately, that is too common. People are scared to help thinking they might put themselves in danger. That's why I love to hear about people like this. Thank you Mr. Loewen!

Actually a bigger risk than putting themselves in risk of danger is being sued by someone if they decide that your help hurt them.

On 7/17/2018 at 2:57 PM, Raves said:

Actually a bigger risk than putting themselves in risk of danger is being sued by someone if they decide that your help hurt them.

They cannot sue. Good Samaritan laws were put in place to prevent just that.

Very cool story.  

56 minutes ago, SWATcha said:

They cannot sue. Good Samaritan laws were put in place to prevent just that.

Very cool story.  

Those laws vary widely by state/region and there are those lawyers, and people, who will look for any loophole.

But definitely a good story.

14 hours ago, Raves said:

Those laws vary widely by state/region and there are those lawyers, and people, who will look for any loophole.

But definitely a good story.

Unfortunately this is true as well. No shortage of scumbags on this planet.

I went thru this a few years back. Me and another vehicle came around a corner on a freeway off ramp and right there in the middle of the road was a woman in her vehicle, upside down. We both stopped and jumped out to aid the woman. She was hurt pretty badly, and there was a small fire in the engine compartment, as well as gas leaking from the tank. All 4 doors were stuck because of the way the roof had caved in, so we broke out the back window, cut her seatbelt off, and removed her from the car. Let me tell you, it ain't easy getting a 200+ pound semi-conscious woman out the back of a hatchback!

Long story short, she did attempt to sue. It was thrown out and dismissed. There were plenty of witnesses, including police and first responders. Left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth, but I'd still do it again.

20 hours ago, SWATcha said:

Long story short, she did attempt to sue. It was thrown out and dismissed. There were plenty of witnesses, including police and first responders. Left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth, but I'd still do it again.

Wow!! I can't believe someone would sue anyone who tries to help them. Kinda makes you wanna stick them back into their sh**ty situation.

Anyway, I was impressed by the comment about Loewen that he "ripped the door off the hinges". Strength and adrenaline are amazing!!

On 7/19/2018 at 10:06 AM, SWATcha said:

Yep. Coming in here to say this... if you have no first responder/EMS training it’s actually  pretty tough to get sued. Usually the people that get sued are off duty cops, EMTs, firefighters and the Like because they do something outside of their training and what they know to do. 

Joe Schmoe gets a pass most of the time unless they’re super negligent and doing something really dumb. Without training for this situation, in the heat of the moment if you are truly just trying to save someone’s life, the law is very lenient and forgiving for people for doing the best they can. It’s the people that try to play hero and do dumb stuff that get themselves sued.

Sorry you had to deal with that ungrateful cow for saving her life, but I’m glad you didn’t learn your lesson and would do it again. We need more people like that.

When I was a firefighter we came to the scene of a rollover accident that ended in fire. With a couple dozen cars stopped behind the accident we only had ONE witness who had started trying to remove her from the car when we got there. Probably a dozen or so people just standing in the median filming and the reat just sat in their cars waiting for the road to open. It’s so backwards that the guy trying to pull the lady from the burning car is the only one opening himself up for a potential lawsuit while everyone filming the ordeal are totally safe. WTF?!?!

On 7/21/2018 at 6:42 PM, Dome said:

Yep. Coming in here to say this... if you have no first responder/EMS training it’s actually  pretty tough to get sued. Usually the people that get sued are off duty cops, EMTs, firefighters and the Like because they do something outside of their training and what they know to do. 

Joe Schmoe gets a pass most of the time unless they’re super negligent and doing something really dumb. Without training for this situation, in the heat of the moment if you are truly just trying to save someone’s life, the law is very lenient and forgiving for people for doing the best they can. It’s the people that try to play hero and do dumb stuff that get themselves sued.

Sorry you had to deal with that ungrateful cow for saving her life, but I’m glad you didn’t learn your lesson and would do it again. We need more people like that.

When I was a firefighter we came to the scene of a rollover accident that ended in fire. With a couple dozen cars stopped behind the accident we only had ONE witness who had started trying to remove her from the car when we got there. Probably a dozen or so people just standing in the median filming and the reat just sat in their cars waiting for the road to open. It’s so backwards that the guy trying to pull the lady from the burning car is the only one opening himself up for a potential lawsuit while everyone filming the ordeal are totally safe. WTF?!?!

There are actually some regions where it's against the law not to help, though those are few, and they have a lot of protections against lawsuit due to that.  Only gross negligence would allow a lawsuit to advance in those areas.

1 hour ago, Raves said:

There are actually some regions where it's against the law not to help, though those are few, and they have a lot of protections against lawsuit due to that.  Only gross negligence would allow a lawsuit to advance in those areas.

Yeah I was an EMT in a state where you were required to offer assistance if you happened upon a scene. because you have more training and a better understanding of what you’re doing you’re actually under more scrutiny, not less. 

On 7/21/2018 at 3:42 PM, Dome said:

Usually the people that get sued are off duty cops, EMTs, firefighters and the Like because they do something outside of their training and what they know to do. 

Makes sense, but at the same time people can abuse it for the wrong reasons. It’s a headache to try to legislate, glad it’s not my job lol 

On 7/23/2018 at 2:58 PM, Raves said:

Almost every country in the U.K. and mainland Europe require you to render aid if you can. Not sure how this is actually proven but, nonetheless, it's an excellent law and promotes the concept of humanity...unlike the ramshackle society we live in today. 

Hats off to ya @SWATcha! We definitely should all follow your example sir.

Archived