2010/2011 Green Bay Packers V 2017/2018 Philly

mdonnelly21

22 members have voted

1. 1. Better Team

• 2010/2011 Packers
    • 2017/2018 Philly

Eagles. They had a much better record and were more balanced. People forget that the Packers were a 10-6 team that got hot that year, and allowed the second most YPC in the league while having the fifth lowest YPC in the league and finishing 26th in ST DVOA. 

The Packers just had a passing game and pass defense that were just that good that they made the playoffs with a great point differential and ultimately won it all. They were basically a team built to either destroy the opposition or lose a close game as it winds down.

The Eagles are just a much better rounded team who eventually edge them out in a close game.

DVOA statistics are nearly identical. I'm giving the nod to the Eagles 1. Because I'm a homer, and 2. because of who they beat in the playoffs, and how they beat them. 3. They did it all without their starting QB.

28 minutes ago, Danger said:

DVOA statistics are nearly identical. I'm giving the nod to the Eagles 1. Because I'm a homer, and 2. because of who they beat in the playoffs, and how they beat them. 3. They did it all without their starting QB.

This is a tough one. Packers also beat the Eagles and 14-2 Falcons on the road. They were unstoppable for a calendar year with their 19 game win streak. I'd have a hard time going against Green Bay here regardless of being a Packers fan

51 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

This is a tough one. Packers also beat the Eagles and 14-2 Falcons on the road. They were unstoppable for a calendar year with their 19 game win streak. I'd have a hard time going against Green Bay here regardless of being a Packers fan

The Eagles manhandled the 13-3 Vikings, (yes they were at home) 38-7. The consensus #1 defense in the league, and then toppled the Evil Empire in an offensive shootout for the ages. Admittedly the Falcons game wasn't entirely spectacular, but they were the reigning conference champs.

24 minutes ago, Danger said:
1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

The Eagles manhandled the 13-3 Vikings, (yes they were at home) 38-7. The consensus #1 defense in the league, and then toppled the Evil Empire in an offensive shootout for the ages. Admittedly the Falcons game wasn't entirely spectacular, but they were the reigning conference champs.

I wasn't downplaying what Philly did, I was just pointing out what Green Bay had done since it was a while ago. That's why I said it was tough to choose :) 

On 7/20/2018 at 2:16 PM, Danger said:

In that game, I'm more curious about the Vikings offense vs the Eagles D there. Like yes the Vikings defense was #1 and GB's wasn't that good but the GB offense was tailor-made for a shootout. I think it certainly would have been close

45 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

In that game, I'm more curious about the Vikings offense vs the Eagles D there. Like yes the Vikings defense was #1 and GB's wasn't that good but the GB offense was tailor-made for a shootout. I think it certainly would have been close

Certainly not denying that it'd be close no matter the outcome. Ultimately I think it comes down to coaching and who's gutsier.

9 minutes ago, Danger said:

Certainly not denying that it'd be close no matter the outcome. Ultimately I think it comes down to coaching and who's gutsier.

Considering what Pederson did in the SB he would win the gutsier call but in a shootout, it can go either way. Philly likely has the better pass rush but the weaker secondary so its a matter of which defense gets the stops

The Packers team barely backed it's way into the playoffs, then Aaron Rodgers went on an all-time great postseason run (while also raising his status quo to one of the greatest ever) to get their SB. The Eagles team dominated the entire season from start to finish and beat out the tyrant that is New England while losing the best player at the most important position. 

Eagles...

On 7/19/2018 at 10:34 PM, mdonnelly21 said:

This is a very close Poll in the goat team since 2010.

So who you got? 

Wait, these two teams were the top 2 in a best team since 2010 poll?

Seriously?

1 hour ago, patriotsheatyan said:

The 2013 Seahawks and 2016 Patriots were clearly better than the 2010 Packers. What kind of crap is that? 

What differences were there between the 2016 and 2017 patriots teams aside from adding Brandin Cooks?

Archived