11 members have voted

1. 1. Which draft pick will pay the most dividends in 2018

• Sony Michel - RN
    • Isaiah Wynn - OL
    • Duke Dawson - CB
    • Braxton Berrios - WR
    • Christian Sam - LB
    • Ja’whaun Bentley - LB
    • Danny Etling - QB (OH GOD WHAT HAPPENED?!)
  2. 2. Who is the best Veteran addition to the team?

• Trent Brown via trade
    • Jason McCourty via trade
    • Danny Shelton via trade
    • Adrian Clayborn via FA
    • Jeremy Hill via FA
    • Cordarrelle Patterson via trade
    • Jordan Matthews via FA
  3. 3. Who was the best resign of the offseason?

• Rex Burkhead
    • LaAdrian Waddle
    • Matthew Slater

MAY
  • 05/18

Re-signed OL Jason King and released rookie free agent WR Chris Lacy.

• 05/16

Signed Second-Round Draft Pick DB Duke Dawson.

• 05/14

Signed P Corey Bojorquez; Released Rookie WR Darren Andrews.

• 05/11

The Patriots signed fifth-round draft pick LB Ja'Whaun Bentley, sixth-round draft picks LB Christian Sam and WR Braxton Berrios and 2018 seventh-round picks QB Danny Etling, DB Keion Crossen and TE Ryan Izzo. The Patriots signed nine rookie free agents and released OL Tony Garcia.

• 05/10

Released OL Jason King.

APRIL
  • 04/27

Acquired OL Trent Brown and a 2018 fifth-round draft pick (143rd overall) in a trade with San Francisco in exchange for the Patriots third-round draft pick (95th overall).

• 04/24

Signed OL Ulrick John.

• 04/06

Signed WR Jordan Matthews.

• 04/04

Traded WR Brandin Cooks to the LA Rams; Signed OL Luke Bowanko and TE Troy Niklas.

MARCH
  • 03/26

Re-Signed OL LaAdrian Waddle.

• 03/21

Re-signed WR Matthew Slater.

• 03/19

Acquired WR Cordarrelle Patterson in a trade with the Oakland Raiders.

• 03/19

Released LB Shea McClellin.

• 03/17

Signed free agents DE Adrian Clayborn, RB Jeremy Hill and OL Matt Tobin.

• 03/15

Acquired CB Jason McCourty in a trade with the Cleveland Browns; Re-Signed RB Rex Burkhead.

• 03/15

Acquired defensive lineman Danny Shelton in a trade with the Cleveland Browns.

• 03/07

Released TE Martellus Bennett and WR Bernard Reedy.

FEBRUARY
  • 02/06

Signed OL James Ferentz, WR Cody Hollister, DB David Jones, OL Jason King, CB Ryan Lewis, WR Riley McCarron, LB Trevor Reilly, DB Damarius Travis, TE Will Tye and CB Jomal Wiltz.

JANUARY
  • 01/17

Signed WR Bernard Reedy. Placed DB Jonathan Jones on injured reserve.

• 01/17

Re-Signed WR Bernard Reedy;  Placed DB Jonathan Jones on injured reserve

• 01/03

Signed LB Trevor Reilly to the practice squad. Released WR Bernard Reedy from the practice squad.

1. Which draft pick will pay the most dividends in 2018

Berrios. Wynn will likely be rotated along the line and Michel's touches will be limited while they correct his ball security issues. With Jules gone for the first quarter, question marks surrounding Mitchell and Britt/Dorsett being bad, this is a huge opportunity for Berrios.

2. Who is the best Veteran addition to the team?

Shelton easily. Run defense is the biggest weak link on that side of the ball and Shelton is elite in that department.

3. Who was the best resign of the offseason?

Slater. Burkhead and Waddle are rotational pieces; Slater is the heart and soul of the ST unit.

1. Wynn. With Solder and key backups on the line moving to other teams, Wynn will be counted on a lot.

2. Clayborn is a no brainier here. Our rush is pathetic, Clayborn will instantly help in that department.

3. Waddle. Again, we lost some important guys on the oline and we will need his experience and depth. We saw last year how crucial having dependable backups can be.

Overall, I'm liking the Patriots' offseason. I think the offense could be great. The line has a solid potential starter at every position, Sony Michel could end up being a stud, the receiving corps is solid, and we still have TB12. I also think the defense has some talent, and Christian Sam could end up being something. But, really, the offense will do pretty well I think:

WR1: M. Mitchell -- SWR: J. Edelman            LT: T. Brown -- LG: I. Wynn / J. Thuney -- C: D. Andrews -- RG: S. Mason -- RT: M. Cannon       TE: R. Gronkowski -- WR2: C. Hogan

QB: T. Brady

RB: S. Michel / J. White / R. Burkhead
Looks pretty good to me.

1. Wynn: I believe he can contribute right now and given how many injuries we had in the past in our oline and the losing of Solder he'll be needed. 

2. Sheldon: Branch was terrible last year, I really expect a big improvement on run stuffing, so we can move our more athletics guys to the edge and help protect against those mobile QB, we suffered a lot with it in the last season.

3. Waddle. We need people in the OL, I hope he doesn't have to play much, but injuries happen, and he is ok.

Wynn/Patterson/Slater

Wynn, I think he was their best draft pick and I expect a lot of him, especially with Scar coaching him. Solder was up and down for years now, but replacing him will still be tough.

Patterson, because this team has been lacking reliable a return threat for a while now. Not sure how well he can pick up the playbook, but if he can, I expect him from the bunch to contribute the most.

I was vacillating between Slater and Burkhead, but eventually chose Slater for his leadership and elite ST coverage. Though Waddle provides a much needed depth too, so this was tough.

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

How much of a negative to the off-season grade is it that they did not bring in a clear heir apparent to Brady? Unless, does anyone think Ettling can be that guy?

Etling is fine. Would have been expected if Mason Rudolph was drafted but then that would signal the end of the line for Brady in New England.

Archived