Official Training Camp 2018 Thread

Source: Pittsburgh Tribune-Review - Joe Rutter

Pittsburgh Steelers LB T.J. Watt (hamstring) and FS Sean Davis (groin) left practice early Sunday, July 29, because of injuries. Head coach Mike Tomlin said he does not know the severity of the either injury.

Via Chris Adamski of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, a total of five players left practice Sunday for medical reasons.

That group included outside linebacker T.J. Watt (hamstring), tight end Vance McDonald (foot), safety Sean Davis (groin), wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster (undisclosed), and undrafted rookie outside linebacker Olasunkanmi Adeniyi (undisclosed).

“Don’t know the severity of any of these; such is life this time of year,” Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said. “We will have more information on those guys when we get it.”
That’s not even the extent of it. Veteran guard Ramon Foster is going to be out a month or more with a knee injury, and safety Morgan Burnett has been out three straight days with a groin injury.

1 hour ago, Dcash4 said:

Is it just my imagination, or does JuJu seem to get dinged up a ton? I feel like I remember him missing time in camp last year and then he missed a game last year due to injury. 

notice that too... he might be a player that will always get dinged up .. just hope he just misses a game or two here and there and not seasons

40 minutes ago, August4th said:

I love this stuff. I harped on it somewhere else about being in 2 TE, 2WR sets and having multiple looks to create mismatches. Would love to see that formation with McDonald wide right and James tight left on trips -- then motion AB from left to slot right and see how the defense reacts. If they are in base defenses, they will have a hard time covering up AB and with AB in slot and McDonald out wide, it will open space for Bell (with a TE still in as an extra blocker). 

Love the potential, and hope Fitchner is more creative than Haley. 

9 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Soft tissue injuries are no joke. Hopefully these guys get fully healed before they come back. These two injuries have a tendency to linger.

this better not be Woodley all over again. Put was on PUP if you have to. 

6 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

I love this stuff. I harped on it somewhere else about being in 2 TE, 2WR sets and having multiple looks to create mismatches. Would love to see that formation with McDonald wide right and James tight left on trips -- then motion AB from left to slot right and see how the defense reacts. If they are in base defenses, they will have a hard time covering up AB and with AB in slot and McDonald out wide, it will open space for Bell (with a TE still in as an extra blocker). 

Love the potential, and hope Fitchner is more creative than Haley. 

is there footage of the 84vs25 matchup?  A mismatch, worth a laugh or two. Where is Haden vs AB?

Chris in Washington : Is Jaylen Samuels showing anything yet? I read a lot about his versatility after the draft and was curious if he was getting chance to show that with Bell out.

Ray Fittipaldo: He's doing well except for the backs on backers drill. He got embarrassed in that drill. Tomlin made him go five times in a row

This is key for Samuels and Connor. Bell is outstanding in blitz pickup and blocking.

The latest Steelers starter to leave practice early was third-year cornerback Artie Burns, who had his left leg/groin area wrapped Monday following the team’s first 11-on-11 session at Saint Vincent.

Coach Mike Tomlin said the injury wasn’t serious.

“Nothing significant there,” he said. “One of those day-to-day type of things.”

Four other starters did not practice Monday after sustaining injuries one day earlier. Those missing were safety Sean Davis (groin), outside linebacker T.J. Watt (hamstring), tight end Vance McDonald (foot) and wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster (undisclosed). Rookie linebacker Ola Adeniyi (undisclosed) also did not practice. Tomlin also confirmed guard Ramon Foster’s diagnosis as a hyperextension and bone bruise on his right knee and provided a four-week timetable for his return.https://triblive.com/sports/steelers/13 ... ith-injury

Archived