Slow Burn - Scene 2 is now - v0.1 - Trial Version

Dome

47 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

*ill be a horse.

reckon thats all im good for these days*

The man jumped with glee and began to dance and sing!

*A horse is a horse, of course of course,

Unless it’s a Steele and it’s not a horse

But what do I care, oh whatever for?

cause Steele’s gonna be in my raaaaaaace!*

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

I'll wake up and head to the stables.

The man sees you coming and begins to dance and sing again.

*More horses! More horses!*

*Ohhhhhhh, a horse is a horse, of course of course,

and people will come for a horse race of course, 

They'll empty their pockets and we'll fill up yours!

Would you like to be in my raaaaaaaace!?*

@Malfatron @bucsfan333 @The Orca @Pickle Rick

(Timing of this post is unrelated to story events, just heading for work right now.)

[Link to Google Doc Version]

Combat:

There are two types of combat in this game, engaged and disengaged. Engaged combat occurs when your target knows you are attacking them and is able to defend themselves and counter your attacks. Disengaged combat occurs when a character is attacked while unable to defend themselves, or is unaware that they are being attacked.

Engaged Fighting:

Engaged attack with a Fighting Check

• You make Fighting Check (D20 + Fighting + All Bonuses)
  • NPC makes Dexterity Check to dodge (D20)
    • If PC score > NPC score, the player’s hit lands.
    • If NPC score > PC score, the player’s hit is blocked and the NPC counters
    • NPC rolls D20 to counter
      • 1: Reverses Counter and PC attack succeeds
      • 2-10: Miss
      • 11-17: Hit
      • 18-19: Big Hit
      • 20: Critical Hit
  • NPCs will be given an opportunity to fight back after each of your attacks (Fighting process will be flipped)

Engaged attack with a Ranged Weapon

• You make a Marksmanship Check (D20 + Marksman Skill + All Bonuses)
  • NPC rolls a Dexterity Check to dodge (D20)
    • If PC score > NPC score, the player’s hit lands.
    • If NPC score > PC score, the player’s hit is dodged.
  • NPCs will be given an opportunity to fight back after each of your attacks (Marksman process will be flipped)

Disengaged Fighting:

Disengaged attack with a Fighting Check

• Attacking PCs make Stealth Check (if sneaking up on target)
  • If Stealth Check is passed, PCs make a Fighting Check
  • After your Fighting Check is resolved Engaged Combat begins, with the PC making the first attack.

Disengaged attack with a Ranged Weapon

• You make a Marksmanship Check (D20 + Marksman Skill + All Bonuses)
  • After your Marksmanship check is resolved Engaged Combat begins, with the PC making the first attack.

Taking Damage and Your Health

Taking hits and sustaining damage will change your Status from [normal] to [dazed] or [injured], [unconscious], and ultimately [dead]

For the most part, the number of regular hits or “Big Hits” (see below) you can take depends on your enemy.  Examples:

If you’re up against an elite bare-knuckle brawler and he lands a Critical Hit on you, you’ll be knocked [unconscious]. If he hits you with a Big Hit you’ll be [dazed], you could only take a few regular hits from him.

On the other hand, if you were up against a drunk retired rodeo clown whose body was failing him a Critical Hit might just [daze] you, maybe you take a couple big hits before being [dazed], and regular hits could be exchanged for several rounds before becoming an issue.

As you take damage I’ll make it clear how your character is looking. You can always ask for more details about what kind of damage an enemy looks capable of, and how many and more hits it looks like your character can take

Statuses

Normal: Everything is fine.

Sick: You may have been poisoned or maybe it's something in your environment. -3 to all Skill checks and -1 to all Combat Checks until you're treated.

Injured: Happens when your character begins to take significant damage. -1 to all Skill checks and -2 to all Combat Checks until you're treated.

Dazed:  You've been rocked. Penalty -3 to the next 3 Combat Rolls (Fighting OR Marksman) or until you've left left combat.

Unconscious: You cannot make any actions. You’ll wake up if treated or after the fight, regardless of how the status is removed you'll suffer -3 to the next 6 Skill checks and next 3 Combat Checks (Fighting OR Marksman) 

Dead: You can only do one thing. Make a Survival Check whenever something happens that SHOULD kill you. If you fail a Survival check, you'll need to make a new character, this one has died. 

The group hears gunshots in the not-so-distant distance, it sounds like a fights going on! The old man eased your concerns.

*Don't mind all that ruckus! Pistol Pete finally rolled himself out of bed, always hits his shooting gallery first thing in the mornin!*

Pistol Pete's Pistols and Shooting Gallery is OPEN. The Pinkerton Office is now OPEN. The Doctor's Office is now OPEN

@Malfatron @bucsfan333 @The Orca @Pickle Rick 

Additional note:

If your entire party is knocked unconscious you will be sent to the nearest facility that can heal you, it might be the doctor's office, could be a veterinary clinic, maybe an army base, maybe a survivalists bunker. It all depends on the flavor of the game and where your story is at currently. The story might change significantly if this happens, depending on when it occurs.

58 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I'll ask the guy here what he knows about Gaskins.

*Oh.... it’s one of you folks. I already told the last guys everything I know.* The old man sighed, he suddenly looked exhausted. No more singing and dancing.

*I wasn’t at that ranch that night but Billy is a good man, he didn’t mean to kill that boy, he couldn’t have. * he took a long pause, *I hope they never find him. He’s innocent, I’m sure of it*

The old man throws his hat up in the air.

*YAAAAAHOOOOOOOO! WE GOT OURSELVES A RACE!!!!!* he looks around. *Wait, this is just three horses! Where did that Bucs fella go? Find him, I’ll run around town and let people know we got a Human Horse Race scheduled! It’s gonna be big!!!!!*

Archived