Slow Burn - Scene 2 is now - v0.1 - Trial Version

Dome

Just now, Dome said:

*Young man did you hit your head? I told your friend everything I knew about Gaskins! I can't say no more!*

"I was told by a pretty respectable source otherwise.  I'll level with you sir, I've given my WORD to that pretty little thing at the fruit stand that I'd do everything humanly possible to clear Billy and resolve the whole ordeal peacefully.  To do that I need someone in this town to talk to me.  I don't give my word to just anyone and I don't break it, so if you know more please help me out."

28 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

"I was told by a pretty respectable source otherwise.  I'll level with you sir, I've given my WORD to that pretty little thing at the fruit stand that I'd do everything humanly possible to clear Billy and resolve the whole ordeal peacefully.  To do that I need someone in this town to talk to me.  I don't give my word to just anyone and I don't break it, so if you know more please help me out."

You tried one last time to get some info out of the old man (Charisma 9 + 4)

*Alright, alright!* The old man looked around. *Try the church. Saw Billy sneaking in there the night after the Sheriff put up the wanted poster. I know he used to stash booze and cigarettes in there when he was a kid. Nothing so bad that any other kid hasn't done, alright!?*

43 minutes ago, The Orca said:

"I'll take the Sawed off shotgun, if I can get a little information about this town as well"

*Well sure! What did you need to know?*

-$1

+ sawed off

Bucs Inventory:
Lockpicking set (many uses)
Rope (many uses)
Throwing knives (unlocks ranged attacks, 3 knives, retrievable, +1 fighting)
$2.25

Steele Inventory:
Black Powder Rifle (Slow Reload, One Shot, Marksmanship Checks unlocked)
Bayonet (+1 Fighting Skill)
Gunpowder (Many uses)
Poison (Several uses)
$1.00

Takara Inventory:
Derringer Pistol (Marksman skill unlocked, Quick reload, 5 shots)
Sawed-Off Shotgun (Marksman skill unlocked, Slow reload, 4 shots, must be adjacent)
Monocle (+3 to anyone one Charisma check)
Whiskey 
Book of matches
$4.50

Ahtahkahkoop Inventory:
Lever Action Rifle (Unlocks Marksmanship Checks, Quick reload, 3 shots)
Bear Trap (Multiple Uses)
Tomahawk (Roll Athletics Check for ranged attack, +1 added for Fighting Check)
Apple
$1.50 

1 minute ago, Dome said:

*Well sure! What did you need to know?*

-$1

+ sawed off

Bucs Inventory:
Lockpicking set (many uses)
Rope (many uses)
Throwing knives (unlocks ranged attacks, 3 knives, retrievable, +1 fighting)
$2.25

Steele Inventory:
Black Powder Rifle (Slow Reload, One Shot, Marksmanship Checks unlocked)
Bayonet (+1 Fighting Skill)
Gunpowder (Many uses)
Poison (Several uses)
$1.00

Takara Inventory:
Derringer Pistol (Marksman skill unlocked, Quick reload, 5 shots)
Sawed-Off Shotgun (Marksman skill unlocked, Slow reload, 4 shots, must be adjacent)
Monocle (+3 to anyone one Charisma check)
Whiskey 
Book of matches
$4.50

Ahtahkahkoop Inventory:
Lever Action Rifle (Unlocks Marksmanship Checks, Quick reload, 3 shots)
Bear Trap (Multiple Uses)
Tomahawk (Roll Athletics Check for ranged attack, +1 added for Fighting Check)
Apple
$1.50 

<"Do you know what happened with these railroad guys. Who is their leader?"

Just now, Dome said:

You tried one last time to get some info out of the old man (Charisma 9 + 4)

*Alright, alright!* The old man looked around. *Try the church. Saw Billy sneaking in there the night after the Sheriff put up the wanted poster. I know he used to stash booze and cigarettes in there when he was a kid. Nothing so bad that any other kid hasn't done, alright!?*

"Thank you sir. I give you my word as well, I will try everything to clear Billy and resolve this peacefully." 

5 minutes ago, The Orca said:

<"Do you know what happened with these railroad guys. Who is their leader?"

*The Railroad workers are on strike, not sure what else there is to tell. Max Hammer leads them, he’s usually outside the Ironside facilities on the front lines of the strike.*

6 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

"Thank you sir. I give you my word as well, I will try everything to clear Billy and resolve this peacefully." 

The old man goes back to shoveling hay.

Just now, The Orca said:

<Meets back up with Attika>

So time to break into the church. How do we want to do it?

I think we take a different approach.  

All 4 of us surround the church, one on each side then we try and get Billy or anyone inside to come out.  If no one does, we go in.

It's either that or break in, which may be dangerous and lead to unnecessary violence.  I did give my word that we would try to end this without violence. 

11 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

I think we take a different approach.  

All 4 of us surround the church, one on each side then we try and get Billy or anyone inside to come out.  If no one does, we go in.

It's either that or break in, which may be dangerous and lead to unnecessary violence.  I did give my word that we would try to end this without violence. 

I'm down

I'll take the back

<Goes around to the back of the church waiting for someone to come out 

2 hours ago, Dome said:

Good. I'm sure you've heard about the Ironside worker's strike, right? I don't know if you're aware of this, but this Pinkerton Detective agency branch opened up here in Dusty Butte to provide security to Ironside Railways and it's officials. My job would be a LOT easier if the workers would get back to work. I wouldn't have to worry about some loose cannon of a striker going crazy on an official and more laborers back on the rails is the best form of security there is. I need someone to get in close with the Laborer's Union and sabotage it from the inside, basically undoing everything Frisk and his goons did while they were here. Think you could handle something like that?*

*as long as theres cash in it for me, im your man*

Archived