I really believe this Redskins team, is going to be special!

32 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

You forgot #3, don't trade away your 3rd round pick and quality starting CB Fuller, draft a first round QB and save millions in cap space.  

or 4) trade down in 2nd, get back the 3rd. Still get targeted player in 2nd. Only REALLY losing fuller in trade.

Fuller for Smith

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

#4. You have to trade up 10 to 15 spots to draft that QB giving up a Future first round pick and your 2nd round pick and maybe more unless, you’re on the Lamar Jackson development train.

Rosen went 10th, 3 spots.

4 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

or 4) trade down in 2nd, get back the 3rd. Still get targeted player in 2nd. Only REALLY losing fuller in trade.

Fuller for Smith

We could of had two 3rds instead of just one then.  We still traded a 3rd and fuller for smith.

23 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

We barely saved any money switching from Cousins to Smith after giving him a ridiculous $90 mil extension.

Huh?

• We saved $5.6 million on the cap this year.

• we save $8.6 million next offseason 

• and we save $9.6 million in 2020 and then we could get out of the deal.

Cousin’s 3 year contract is guaranteed, Alex’s isn’t.

The saved $8.6 to 9.6 million which gives us more money to re-sign Scherff and/or Crowder and PSmith.

8 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Not to mention we'll get to face Bradford, instead of Rosen most likely.

That's a W

unless we knock Bradford out of the game, which is possible.

Him & Luck would make a nice roll of toilet paper.

Maybe, I hope so, but there’s no guarantees that we win either game. We should, but don’t forget DAvid Johnson - arguably the best RB in the league - is back and the Cards have a heck of a defense.

2 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Throughout Cousins tenure, I had hope that we would surprise people & play well despite some glaring holes on the team. I knew he had the physical tools to perform well, (as i predicted a 5000 yard passing season from him)but I had my doubts about his mindset & ability to perform under pressure.

So my excitement was a little diluted because I knew it would be tough to overcome many apparent questions regarding our starters across the board.

Relieved we can finally see an Ace whose excitement is no longed diluted. 

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Huh?

• We saved $5.6 million on the cap this year.

• we save $8.6 million next offseason 

• and we save $9.6 million in 2020 and then we could get out of the deal.

Cousin’s 3 year contract is guaranteed, Alex’s isn’t.

The saved $8.6 to 9.6 million which gives us more money to re-sign Scherff and/or Crowder and PSmith.

This is inaccurate.  We had to pay to replace Fuller with Scandrick, who cost us about $1.9 mil more this season than Fuller.  So at most the savings this year was $3.7 mil.  Yay?  Also the Redskins currently have over $13 mil in cap space, so we didn't even spend it all.  Again, Yay?  Also Kirk Cousins is 4-5 years younger than Alex Smith, he's likely still on an upward trend, while Smith entering his 14th season will likely see regression soon.  Yay?  

Archived