Preseason, Week 1: VIKINGS (0-0) at Broncos (0-0)

swede700

Who will pass for more yards in this game?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who will pass for more yards in this game?

• Trevor Siemien
    • Paxton Lynch
    • Kyle Sloter
    • Chad Kelly
    • Other

Just now, gopherwrestler said:

How do you get that low... Even in wrestling idk how you could get that low and keep your head up without just sprawling on top of the guy

Not that difficult from my recollection, but it’s been a while since I strapped up. Coley was also already going to the ground, well short of the sticks. Simmons didn’t need to go for a knockout blow.

Nice catch Coley!

Mike Hughes looks great out there.  Very comfortable in coverage and kid could be a Viking for a very long time.  Really sound looking talent and those that thought the Vikings should not have picked him in the 1st round, well after week 2 of the season no one will think that anymore, hell after Week 1 of the preseason....  

Just now, RpMc said:

Not that difficult from my recollection, but it’s been a while since I strapped up. Coley was also already going to the ground, well short of the sticks. Simmons didn’t need to go for a knockout blow.

Nice catch Coley!

Absolutely but middle of game, how often do you jump out of the way to just “touch them down” you aren’t trying to do that in football. He was stumbling down, but you have to play until the whistle. Only way the tackle actually happens there without of bodyflop ugly tackle is to get low enough to keep him down. At full speed that requires the helmet to be down. 

Wrestling you you are always taught head up you win scrambles, but the truth is lowest guy will alway win in contact. 

Archived