Preseason, Week 1: VIKINGS (0-0) at Broncos (0-0)

swede700

Who will pass for more yards in this game?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who will pass for more yards in this game?

• Trevor Siemien
    • Paxton Lynch
    • Kyle Sloter
    • Chad Kelly
    • Other

1 minute ago, RpMc said:

If Remmers doesn’t work out at guard, Isidora might be able to give us something there. Looked good on the front side of zone and pulling around on power. 

Isidora will alway be fine moving forward, and going to the second level, where he struggled and needed to improve was pass protection. He really would an improvement over Remmers and Easton in a run blocking standpoint 

Just now, gopherwrestler said:

I think Denver knew that even last year.  but they knew they weren’t going anywhere with Siemen. But it’s hard to give  up on a rookie like Lynch.... Lynch looks so bad

Siemian got lucky tonight on a few plays. Should have had more than one INT. As for Lynch, Kelly better be the starter after halftime. This should be the last game for Lynch in Denver (even though it probably won't be).

Just now, gopherwrestler said:

Isidora will alway be fine moving forward, and going to the second level, where he struggled and needed to improve was pass protection. He really would an improvement over Remmers and Easton in a run blocking standpoint 

I’d like to see Isidora get some first team run at left guard next week. Maybe being on that side and having some center help in pass pro would help him there. Might also help the run game to that side. Big runs tonight pretty much all went right. 

6 hours ago, Klomp said:

NFL GamePass free trial?

Thanks. It had a lot to do with time zone. I am seven hours ahead of MN time at the moment and I had to be awake at 7:00am. But here I am awake already before 5:00 so I'll go ahead and read what I can about what has happened so far before heading out for the day. I'll look into whether NFL GamePass allows me to watch a replay when I get the time. If not, I'll have the game on my DVR waiting for me back home.

1 minute ago, gopherwrestler said:

Maybe Isidora can get the LG ... With Remmers at RG. Dora gets help from Pat at times with double teams

23 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

I just don’t see how you keep you head up

on the tackle? How do you possibly get lower than him and make the tackle.

in game speed you don’t just let someone fall down and touch him, which is what I mean by jump out of the way. 

The tackler would have had to move out of the way to not get their feet/knees/ankles taken out .

It really has nothing to do with getting lower.

It's about leading with the helmet (especially the top of the helmet). If your head is down when you go in for the tackle, you're probably going to be flagged.

7 minutes ago, RpMc said:

I’d like to see Isidora get some first team run at left guard next week. Maybe being on that side and having some center help in pass pro would help him there. Might also help the run game to that side. Big runs tonight pretty much all went right. 

Absolutely! I think after his time today he just might. 

2 minutes ago, Klomp said:

It really has nothing to do with getting lower.

It's about leading with the helmet (especially the top of the helmet). If your head is down when you go in for the tackle, you're probably going to be flagged.

So if someone if close to falling you have to move out of the way then right? But still have to touch them for them to be down by contact , but if they catch balance, they will probably score.

The Kirk Cousins and John DeFilippo era in Minnesota started with a bang — and a quick touchdown.

Cousins, the marquee free-agent signee of 2018, led the Vikings down the field on an 8-play, 75-yard drive with three plays that gained 20 or more yards. He capped the drive with a quick slant to Stefon Diggs for a 1-yard touchdown. Cousins also connected with Diggs for gains of 6 and 28 and hit fullback C.J. Ham for a gain of 7. Cousins was 4-for-4 for 42 yards with the score and a whopping passer rating of 150.0 before swapping his helmet for a baseball cap.

Latavius Murray accounted for the other plays that gained 20 or more. The big back ripped off consecutive runs of 20 and 21 yards on his first two carries of the preseason.

https://www.vikings.com/news/new-look-vikings-offense-led-by-kirk-cousins-strikes-quickly?sf195387074=1

Archived