2020/21 Prediction

1. Liverpool again, but much closer

2. Man City

3. Man Utd

4. Chelsea

5. Arsenal

6. Spurs

7. LCFC

I like those rankings and I agree with them. I think 3-4-5 are going to be close (I think Arsenal will surprise). I still haven't fully bought into Chelsea yet, despite their outstanding transfer dealings. I think Liverpool end up with Thiago and lose Gini, which will help us break down teams who park the bus. United are a team that could go either way. I liked VdB addition (much to my peril).

LCFC could be in for a strange season if they don't replace Chilwell. I know they got that guy from Atalanta (who's a natural RB), and have the guy from their academy, but that's a tough ask for a defense that looked less that stout towards the end of the season.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

I like those rankings and I agree with them. I think 3-4-5 are going to be close (I think Arsenal will surprise). I still haven't fully bought into Chelsea yet, despite their outstanding transfer dealings. I think Liverpool end up with Thiago and lose Gini, which will help us break down teams who park the bus. United are a team that could go either way. I liked VdB addition (much to my peril).

LCFC could be in for a strange season if they don't replace Chilwell. I know they got that guy from Atalanta (who's a natural RB), and have the guy from their academy, but that's a tough ask for a defense that looked less that stout towards the end of the season.

Yep, agreed. Thiago would be awesome at LFC. So much energy and creativity, plus he's press resistant (so was Gini tbf).

I do this every year, but I'm not sold on Man Utd and won't be surprised if they struggle to make top 4. They are relying on individuality from Rashford, Martial, Bruno etc. There is no cohesive plan there, it's almost like a galactico-lite. Ole isn't a tactician, and actually, they've ended up with 1 fewer win than previous season (despite finishing 3 places higher). Defense usually exposed against good teams as well. Nearly broke the record for penalties, as well. 

Castagne has played as much on the left as the right throughout his career, FYI. 

Also, the defense looked less than stout at the end because we were without 3 of our 4 starters. They were strong when all healthy. I do think we need more depth, especially at CB. There are rumors that Rodgers wants to move to a back line of 5 so we would definitely have to buy another CB or 2.

Edited by Oregon Ducks

Where are the defenders?

Van De Beek is a good player, but MU were decent in attacking play. Most of their players are attack-minded. Their CBs are booty. 

Same with Chelsea, on paper they have a lot of attacking players (not saying they didn't need extra because they did) but the D was so leaky! Silva, imo, doesn't fully address that. Got to cut losses with Kepa and bring in another GK, need another CB. 

WHU need defenders more than their next breath of oxygen. 

Spurs defense wasn't good enough, certainly not for Jose, who keeps mentioning 'no clean sheets' in the documentary. They need their new equivalent of Alderweireld and Vertonghen of circa 2015/16 where they were freaks at the back.

Arsenal, tbf, have brought two promising CBs in. They've addressed their glaring issue. 

Edited by Hunter2_1

Good grief that Liverpool game reminded me of a time like it was under Rodgers in 13/14. Superb attacking play, dismal defending. Salah of course being like Suarez. VVD had his worst games for us for as long as I can remember, however it's most likely due to fatigue. Between us and Holland, he's played some incredible minutes. We need some cover.

Tuned into the Newcastle and West Ham game for a minute. If West Ham can stay up, it will be a miracle. Forget how they play, the entire club looks like it doesn't want to be there. Their fixtures only get worse from here too. Real chance they get 2-4 points in their next 6 fixtures.