Preseason, Week 2: Jaguars (0-1) at Vikings (1-0)

gopherwrestler

1 minute ago, SemperFeist said:

Downs, a 7th round pick, blows a coverage assignment. Leber just called him a gem they found as a free agent ? 

Didn’t look like the coverage assignment was on him, he did move up on the PA, but found the TE going across the seem and got underneath. As the TE got across the field I think a safety was supposed to pick him up.

just my thoughts. 

Just now, RpMc said:

Didn’t look like the coverage assignment was on him, he did move up on the PA, but found the TE going across the seem and got underneath. As the TE got across the field I think a safety was supposed to pick him up.

just my thoughts. 

He moved down into the exact same space as Gedeon. It looked like he was supposed to drift back into the space where the tight end was crossing. 

Just now, SemperFeist said:

He moved down into the exact same space as Gedeon. It looked like he was supposed to drift back into the space where the tight end was crossing. 

From the replay I saw, he did drop back underneath the route after moving up but as the tight ends route gained depth and moved across the field, my assumption is that would be a safety’s zone.

Archived