2019 prospects and outlook

Dr.O

I don't know for sure. But my cousin's company picked him up. She's was out there this past week and he said he's heard from nearly every team, but the most persistent communication has come from the Jets. Wouldn't surprise me if he was an option at 68, possibly even earlier if we add another pick. 

Chuma is a guy I like. Can play T or G. Very good feet and can hold onto blocks. Really the perfect OLineman for a RB like Bell. Which is crucial. Get guys that fit what we do best. Also I’d imagine he and Darnold are buddies. Which can only help.

4 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Ed Oliver ran the shuttle in the same time DeSean Jackson did. 4.19

Call me crazy but for some reason I think he is going to bust.  Maybe not like epic bust but not nearly live up to the top 10 pick he is expected to be.

1 minute ago, Rockice_8 said:

Call me crazy but for some reason I think he is going to bust.  Maybe not like epic bust but not nearly live up to the top 10 pick he is expected to be.

I think he will be good. But just as true as Q for me. DT is not a need for me to use a valuable pick IMO. I wouldn't use a pick period on that position this year. Never mind early on.

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think he will be good. But just as true as Q for me. DT is not a need for me to use a valuable pick IMO. I wouldn't use a pick period on that position this year. Never mind early on.

For me not saying who I would or wouldn't take just that Oliver scares me.  Quinenn on the other hand I see as on another level compared to Oliver.  Q looks like a possible all pro caliber player while Oliver looks like solid rotational guy.

2 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Some have him playing OLB.  If he can play at 270, he can play DE in a 4-3 front.

Well he then is absolutely a risk. I think Oliver is good if used right and in the right scheme. But for most teams to draft a guy top 15 and play him at a position he didn't play is a HUGE risk.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Well he then is absolutely a risk. I think Oliver is good if used right and in the right scheme. But for most teams to draft a guy top 15 and play him at a position he didn't play is a HUGE risk.

No it isn't.  The guy gives you scheme flexibility.  I was saying that if he dropped weight, he can play DE 100% of the time, but even with the way he's currently built, he's strong enough to play DT and athletic enough to play DE.  He changes direction quicker than most receivers.  He's a freak who had college production.  Immense upside. 

1 hour ago, barnaby8787 said:

Btw, worth noting.  Quinnen Williams played 24 games at Bama.  He amassed 26 TFL's and 10 sacks.  Ed Oliver played 24 games his first two years at Houston and amassed 38.5 TFL's and 10.5 sacks.  Granted, obviously not the same level of competition. 

Or the same number of snaps, Q didn't play that much before this year... because Bama.  The vast majority of Q's production was this year.  Ed Oliver is a physically talented guy but he has a lot of work to do before he is an elite pro.  I think Q walks in as a top notch DT in the NFL and never looks back.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rampantjet said:

Or the same number of snaps, Q didn't play that much before this year... because Bama.  The vast majority of Q's production was this year.  Ed Oliver is a physically talented guy but he has a lot of work to do before he is an elite pro.  I think Q walks in as a top notch DT in the NFL and never looks back.

That’s fair

6 hours ago, barnaby8787 said:

Some have him playing OLB.  If he can play at 270, he can play DE in a 4-3 front.

Oliver is a unique talent. Can't put him in a box; should move around based on matchup. Kind of like Sheldon in that he's athletic and skilled enough to play all over the place. He's more of a luxury pick IMO, but could be lethal in Gregg Williams DL scheme.