2019 prospects and outlook

Dr.O

4 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I thinks Bosa would slightly edge out Allen in our room. 

I wonder if they’d give GW the final call. 

My guess is they will give him the call and Bosa would def be the pick if both are available. 

Bosa comes with much less projection than Allen does. Allen has the higher ceiling but is less of a sure thing.  

1 minute ago, KodiakThunder said:

My guess is they will give him the call and Bosa would def be the pick if both are available. 

Bosa comes with much less projection than Allen does. Allen has the higher ceiling but is less of a sure thing.  

Also Bosa and Allen dominated the Big 10 and SEC, the two best conferences from a talent and OL perspective. Bosa also went against mostly LT as well. 

I’m excited to see how this goes for us. 

Just now, KingOfTheDot said:

He’s going before that. Dude is going to be an animal.

Not sold.  

I have figured out my best case scenario though.  We are sitting at 3 and we are getting calls for Haskins, and it turns out Oakland is interested and they give us the deal that the Bears gave to move up 1 spot for Trubisky.  For the #3 pick in the draft Oakland gives us #4, a 3rd rounder, a 4th rounder, and a 2020 3rd..... to move back 1 spot.  Then we take Allen anyway.  BOOM.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

Not sold.  

I have figured out my best case scenario though.  We are sitting at 3 and we are getting calls for Haskins, and it turns out Oakland is interested and they give us the deal that the Bears gave to move up 1 spot for Trubisky.  For the #3 pick in the draft Oakland gives us #4, a 3rd rounder, a 4th rounder, and a 2020 3rd..... to move back 1 spot.  Then we take Allen anyway.  BOOM.

Or that. We’ve got a lot of options at the moment. 

6 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

Not sold.  

Personal take, I think there's about a 1% chance that Oak goes Haskins.  

My thought has been they planned to trade back, however the fact we did not get Barr makes me think that has changed now. If we traded back and ended up with 2 firsts like say, both Giants picks I would not mind not getting Bosa or Allen. We could potentially get an edge and OL that way.

I would be fine in a trade back situation (Pending on how far back). Everyone in the top 10 this year will be pretty much eyeing the same targets, but this draft is pretty good in the positions we're looking at besides LT. It can get very interesting. If we trade back, I would still be happy with Taylor, Metcalf, Lawrence, Butler, Sweat, Jonah W.(Maybe at Center), and maybe Greedy. I haven't watched Andre Dillard yet, but I'm seeing his name a lot. 

I do believe if we trade back, we're going to stay in range to still get a top OLB. It's obviously a high need with the amount of money we were willing to give Barr + the bidding war for Smith we were in. I think we're going to come away with Bosa, Allen, or Sweat in the first. 

The Jets are in a much better state than they were a year ago. Around this time last year, Jets fans were at each others throat about the QBs. We were all paranoid Macc would fall in love with Josh Allen. Good times. Allen is better than I expected. But fast forward a year, Jets fans are a lot more calm about the future of the franchise. Still not where we want to be though.

For #3, i've been going back and forth about the trade or not. For me, just stay put and take Josh Allen. I'm going to be disappointed if Allen is not there. I'm on the fence who I like better between Bosa and Burns. Bosa is a Macc type pick though. My personal top 3 is Josh Allen > Brian Burns > Nick Bosa. We cant take Q Williams at this point. Edge is too big of a need and while I think he is the top prospect, the difference is not significant between those 4 guys.