2019 prospects and outlook

Dr.O

1 minute ago, Rockice_8 said:

I see Q as a NT in this scheme which is why he does make sense.  Gregg wants his DL to 1-gap and penetrate.  Anderson, Q, Leo would be the DL.  McClendon is 33 on a 1 year deal and Shepard is just depth behind Anderson/Leo.  Not saying that's what I want but Q is a fit and fills a need as well without taking snaps from Anderson/Leo.

Could easily see those 3 on the DL with Mosley (MIKE), WIlliamson (SAM) and Lee (WILL) being the nickel defense with WIlliams blitzing from all over the place with the LB core, Poole from the slot or Adams from safety.

Don't get me wrong I would love to have Allen but Q is the best player in this draft.  He is a 10+ sack guy with elite run defense.  You can build a defense around him. 

But if we are just going bpa and that position is already set... that player better be darn near guaranteed the next Donald. See my point? We went boa with Leo and if you ask me that’s a failed pick. Bc of the same reason it would be to draft Q. Except what would make it a million times worse this year is there’s guys at need that are 100% worthy of the pick and aren’t at all reaches in Bosa and Allen.

15 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

But if we are just going bpa and that position is already set... that player better be darn near guaranteed the next Donald. See my point? We went boa with Leo and if you ask me that’s a failed pick. Bc of the same reason it would be to draft Q. Except what would make it a million times worse this year is there’s guys at need that are 100% worthy of the pick and aren’t at all reaches in Bosa and Allen.

Would you have preferred vic beasley? Hes the pass rusher the jets passed on for Big Cat. Id take big cat over beasley. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

Would you have preferred vic beasley? Hes the pass rusher the jets passed on for Big Cat. Id take big cat over beasley. 

1st off its hindsight now. So it’s not exactly looking at it fairiy. But yes I at the time would have rathered Beasley or White. Remember our dline was Mo, Shacks and Sheldon at the time and we had no edge or wr. Neither were reached being I believe they were the next 2 picks. 

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

1st off its hindsight now. So it’s not exactly looking at it fairiy. But yes I at the time would have rathered Beasley or White. Remember our dline was Mo, Shacks and Sheldon at the time and we had no edge or wr. Neither were reached being I believe they were the next 2 picks. 

We had Marshall and Decker that year my dude

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

So if Niners go Q, would you guys choose Allen? Allen is absolutely perfect for a 3-4 where as Bosa is perfect for a 4-3. I do think Bosa is the better player though.

I'm picking Allen no matter who is on the board honestly. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I'm picking Allen no matter who is on the board honestly. 

Sweet, I never thought Bosa to Raiders was 1% possible until yesterday. 1.Murray 2. Q 3. Allen 4. Bosa

Cards get their QB, 49ers get the best player in the draft IMO, and Jets and Raiders get perfect scheme fits for their defense. Everyone wins.

15 hours ago, barnaby8787 said:

If we get Q and have Jenkins and Luvu on the edge, Mac needs to get canned 

Some people were pounding the table for a guy like Fowler when he graded similar to guys like Copeland and Jenkins who could be our starting OLB's in base still.

I prefer Allen but I'm not freaking out if we draft Q and resign Cope.  If it leads to Leo boosting his production to 10 sacks and adding another 10 sack guy in Q then we should be able to generate enough pressure with the front of Copeland, Anderson, Q, Leo, Jenkins

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I see the point but what I was saying is the position isn't as set as you think.  Q is a nose in this defense we only have a 33 year old NT on the roster.  The position is far from set.  Williams will use 3 DL and those 3 all fit well together Anderson (5-tech), Q (1-tech), and Leo (5-tech).

Q isn't a traditional NT that you take off the field on passing downs.