Bryce Harper injures leg - significant bone bruise, no ligament damage

Thelonebillsfan

1 hour ago, Slateman said:

No. Sorry but no. You can't get your timing in a simulated game.

Bryce can't play in LF because that's where Werth plays.

Harper will sit out until the very end of the season, play a few games, and then start in the playoffs. He'll struggle because that's what happens when you're hurt and you have a complicated swing like Bryce. Werth will naturally struggle and Dusty will insist on hitting Ryan Zimmerman in the cleanup spot, despite the fact that he's hitting .247/.300/.456 since he hurt his back in June. Rendon will stay in the 6 hole because of some reason Dusty comes up with that makes no sense. Max and Stephen sill combine for 8 innings pitched and the Nats will be drummed out in the NLDS again.

The Washington Capitals of Major League Baseball.

You're just like my dad...if I were Nats fan your endless pessimism would be infuriating

1 hour ago, Slateman said:

No. Sorry but no. You can't get your timing in a simulated game.

Bryce can't play in LF because that's where Werth plays.

Sure you can, that's why hitters have them before they go on rehab assignments.

And oh no Jayson Werth might have to take a few days off in games that don't matter. *flails arms wildly*

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Sure you can, that's why hitters have them before they go on rehab assignments.

And oh no Jayson Werth might have to take a few days off in games that don't matter. *flails arms wildly*

Werth has been off since early June with a "bone bruise" and there is no indication he's returning any time soon. Actually, at this point, I don't want him to come back.

Minor league season ends in early September. Harper won't be ready to swing by then. I'm sure all those at bats in whatever sub A ball league or  the Arizona Fall League is going to get him ready in time for October 6? Lulz.

Nats are done man. Like I said, they're going to go down as  the most talented team in the history of MLB to do nothing in the playoffs.

On 8/15/2017 at 8:48 PM, Slateman said:

I'm sure all those at bats in whatever sub A ball league or  the Arizona Fall League is going to get him ready in time for October 6? Lulz.

A week in AFL got Schwarber ready to hit .400 with a .500 OBP in the World Series. So why not?

Just now, NewAge said:

That's an extreme exception. 

Sure. But this is also Bryce Harper, coming off a far less serious injury, with less time away, and likely at a much better point in the healing process than Schwarber was. It isn’t a guarantee that Harper will have his timing down, but it’s certainly possible that one of the best hitters in baseball won’t need a ton on time to get back up to speed. 

5 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Sure. But this is also Bryce Harper, coming off a far less serious injury, with less time away, and likely at a much better point in the healing process than Schwarber was. It isn’t a guarantee that Harper will have his timing down, but it’s certainly possible that one of the best hitters in baseball won’t need a ton on time to get back up to speed. 

He has a high maintenance swing so I don't think it's inconceivable that he might need a bit more time than others would. 

4 minutes ago, Slateman said:

Scwarber was a pinch hitter/DH. Without Bryce in the lineup, this team is toast

Why does the fact that he was pinch hitting matter? It doesn’t change bat speed or timing to come off the bench.

He wasn’t in the line up because he wasn’t cleared to run in the outfield. Bryce shouldn’t have that issue.

16 hours ago, iPwn said:

Why does the fact that he was pinch hitting matter? It doesn’t change bat speed or timing to come off the bench.

He wasn’t in the line up because he wasn’t cleared to run in the outfield. Bryce shouldn’t have that issue.

Schwarber's swing is much less complicated and he wasn't getting pitched to like an MVP.

Also, Schwarber had no residual pain. Harper most likely will and he doesn't play well when he's hurt.

Archived