Preseason week 2 GDT: 49ers vs Texans

Forge

I don't think the defense will be that bad. Our run defense will be solid with Thomas/Armstead/Buckner/Foster, and our secondary looks solid enough. Obviously the lack of pass rush prevents this defense from being top 10-12, but still should be fine. 

Offensively though? Top 5-7. Jimmy G+Shanny is just too good. 

Warner plays at a different speed compared to other LBs on the team minus Foster. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I don't think the defense will be that bad. Our run defense will be solid with Thomas/Armstead/Buckner/Foster, and our secondary looks solid enough. Obviously the lack of pass rush prevents this defense from being top 10-12, but still should be fine. 

Warner plays at a different speed compared to other LBs on the team minus Foster. 

I think D will struggle until Foster comes back from suspension. Hopefully Warner is able to start from the first game. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

That's okay. The offense this year will still be fun, and we will still play entertaining games. 

As long as we beat the Giants, Packers, Raiders, Rams, and the Seahawks in Seattle I'll be content. 

This team isn't going anywhere far. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

I will say that our run defense is legit, and yeah, thats going to be a positive since I do believe we can effectively make teams one dimensional a lot of the time. But it really doesn't matter about the secondary - if there's no pass rush, it won't matter how good they are, they'll never hold up. 

Just now, Forge said:

I will say that our run defense is legit, and yeah, thats going to be a positive since I do believe we can effectively make teams one dimensional a lot of the time. But it really doesn't matter about the secondary - if there's no pass rush, it won't matter how good they are, they'll never hold up. 

Secondary still has enough talent to overcome it, to a certain point. But yeah, overall it will hold us back. Our interior pass rush better be dominant, that is our only hope.

DJ Jones is a freaking animal. Wow, hopefully he has a legitimate shot at winning the starting spot. 

Just now, PapaShogun said:

DJ Jones. Give him more playing time. :) 

I would give him a start next week against other teams starters at least, just to see where he's at. Easy to be fooled going against 3rd stringers and roster fodder. We largely know what we have in Mitchell, so it's not like he needs the time next week. Give Jones a start to match up against starting offensive line and see what develops. Mitchell is larger a below average to average nose tackle. No harm in seeing if we can improve upon that. 

Archived