Teddy Bridgewater

jetfuel34

2 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

Bridgewater is a SIGNIFICANT upgrade over McCown (and I actually like what McCown did for us last season). If it came to that, you cut McCown. It's that simple.

You don't trade a STARTING NFL Qb for a 3-round draft upgrade. That's insanity.

Hasn't started in 2 years.

Unless my math is screwed up.

2 minutes ago, Sapo28 said:

Hasn't started in 2 years.

Unless my math is screwed up.

You both have point.

Bridgewater is healthy enough to start regularly.  McCown, Keenan and Garoppolo showed they could start regularly after light number of game started in their own career.  There is no reason to think less of Bridgewater.

The Bridgewater trade was about flexing roster as McCown is capable to start some if Darnold is no go.  Move on.

Are you guys forgetting that Teddy is only on a 1-year deal? You can't get much for a guy who could essentially walk and sign with anyone he wants once the season is over. Trading him now gives us a better pick and keeps Jet fans from questioning whether Teddy or Sam should be the starter.

Sam is the starter, Teddy gets to heal up more and keep his value for another year, and we get a 3rd instead of nothing. Great deal IMO.

33 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

Bridgewater is a SIGNIFICANT upgrade over McCown (and I actually like what McCown did for us last season). If it came to that, you cut McCown. It's that simple.

That is what I have been trying to say all morning long, I agree with you. Bridgewater, was a very valuable chip and we cashed him in for probably the 85 pick in next years draft. With the 85 pick in the 2019 draft the New York jets Select Tyrone Barone safety from Paterson State teacher College.

4 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

Are you guys forgetting that Teddy is only on a 1-year deal? You can't get much for a guy who could essentially walk and sign with anyone he wants once the season is over. Trading him now gives us a better pick and keeps Jet fans from questioning whether Teddy or Sam should be the starter.

Sam is the starter, Teddy gets to heal up more and keep his value for another year, and we get a 3rd instead of nothing. Great deal IMO.

Not accurately.

Patriots had freaking Tom Brady and they tagged Matt Cassel as a franchise qb anyway years ago.  Also, you forget that Josh McCown the 50 years old qb will become FA after this season as well.  After this season, Jets only have one qb on the roster. Tagging Bridgewater would be giving Jets a better chance to get higher value if Jets traded him away.  Hell, having him on the aboard could push Darnold to get better qb instead of suffering some sophomore jinx next year.

Once again, Move on.

11 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Not accurately.

Patriots had freaking Tom Brady and they tagged Jimmy Garoppolo as a franchise qb anyway last year.  Also, you forget that Josh McCown the 50 years old qb will become FA after this season as well.  After this season, Jets only have one qb on the roster. Tagging Bridgewater would be giving Jets a better chance to get higher value if Jets traded him away.  Hell, having him on the aboard could push Darnold to get better qb instead of suffering some sophomore jinx next year.

Once again, Move on.

I agree, keeping Terry even for half the season, out weights letting him go for a lousy third round pick. You can be sure during the season one of the thirty two teams is going to lose a QB due to injury. Like Jetsandl, said" having Bridgewater on the bench it will push Darnold" and he has a good point.

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

Not accurately.

Patriots had freaking Tom Brady and they tagged Jimmy Garoppolo as a franchise qb anyway last year.  Also, you forget that Josh McCown the 50 years old qb will become FA after this season as well.  After this season, Jets only have one qb on the roster. Tagging Bridgewater would be giving Jets a better chance to get higher value if Jets traded him away.  Hell, having him on the aboard could push Darnold to get better qb instead of suffering some sophomore jinx next year.

Once again, Move on.

Patriots didn’t tag Jimmy G since he was on his 4th year. My guess is that they didn’t want to franchise him thus the trade. Franchising Teddy next year would cost over 25 million. To me that would not make any sense

Also, trading Teddy for a third at this point was more or less what I expected. The only way we would have gotten more is if a starter went down. So,IMO, a 3rd for a backup QB was a good deal. Also trading him out of our conference made sense. What bothers me is losing the 6th round pick. I have high hopes that most of Macs 6 rounders will be contributors - McGuire, Nickerson, Jones, Fatukasi and Cannon

7 minutes ago, Rich51 said:

Also, trading Teddy for a third at this point was more or less what I expected. The only way we would have gotten more is if a starter went down. So,IMO, a 3rd for a backup QB was a good deal. Also trading him out of our conference made sense. What bothers me is losing the 6th round pick. I have high hopes that most of Macs 6 rounders will be contributors - McGuire, Nickerson, Jones, Fatukasi and Cannon

This is what I have been trying to tell you guys. WE DID NOT TRADE TEDDY FOR A 3RD PICK!!!!!  We traded Teddy to move up 2 1/3 or 21/2 round up from 6. We gave up a 6 round pick too. The Saints got the better part of the deal. I think there would have been more offers as the weeks went by. The Saints would have done this deal 3 weeks from now still. The only reason I think they rushed this deal is that they need a 3rd round pick now to send a 1st and 3rd round pick to the Raiders for Mack. I know they want 2 first round picks which is crazy in my mind and I think the rest of the GM's think so too.  If we don't see a pass rusher like Mack, Ray or Fowler on here in the next week I think we got ripped off. We should at the least had a 3rd pick. No way we should have thrown a 6 round pick in there.

8 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

This is what I have been trying to tell you guys. WE DID NOT TRADE TEDDY FOR A 3RD PICK!!!!!  We traded Teddy to move up 2 1/3 or 21/2 round up from 6. We gave up a 6 round pick too. The Saints got the better part of the deal. I think there would have been more offers as the weeks went by. The Saints would have done this deal 3 weeks from now still. The only reason I think they rushed this deal is that they need a 3rd round pick now to send a 1st and 3rd round pick to the Raiders for Mack. I know they want 2 first round picks which is crazy in my mind and I think the rest of the GM's think so too.  If we don't see a pass rusher like Mack, Ray or Fowler on here in the next week I think we got ripped off. We should at the least had a 3rd pick. No way we should have thrown a 6 round pick in there.

Jetfuel34 I am with you all the way on this Bridgewater trade. I haven't been this upset with the Jets since they let John Riggens, walk. This was a one sided trade how anybody can justified this one sided trade is beyond me. What kind of a pass rusher or Offensive lineman are we going to get with mid to late third round pick. 

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

It’s....It’s just a 6th round pick dude, to get a 3rd for a QB who’s looked pretty good coming off a devastating knee injury is solid especially when you factor in the price we signed him for. You’re probably comparing this to the Bradford deal a few years ago which was a move out of pure desperation more so than actual value. They didn’t rush anything what are they going to do let him ride the bench and wait for a team in the regular season to trade for him IF their starting QB goes down for the year? Or did you want him to take starting experience away from Sam and move him at the deadline to a team IF their starting QB goes down. We were patient and waited till the week before Cutdowns start and got good value.

1 hour ago, Rich51 said:

Patriots didn’t tag Jimmy G since he was on his 4th year. My guess is that they didn’t want to franchise him thus the trade. Franchising Teddy next year would cost over 25 million. To me that would not make any sense

Sorry... Matt Cassel.  Granted, Tom Brady was injured but we already knew that Patriots won't look away from Brady.

Jets have enough cap space to cover tagged Bridgewater, Mack and Clowney on the same roster next season. Tagging Bridgewater isn't harmful at all as you know Jets won't hold him until they get a king's ransom.  Maybe 2nd or higher 3rd round pick or even improve the 1st round position.

I don’t think you can compare the Jimmy G situation, young QB who showed huge promise behind Brady and no major injuries compared to a guy who is coming off a huge knee injury and has yet to play meaningful snaps in 2 years.

Quickest way to break a QB is when he has a bad game and the fan base is calling for his head and to give ' the other guy' a shot. 

There is no other guy now. We are committed to Sam, there are no questions to be made about our QB with Teddy out of the picture. 

6 hours ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

It sure is insane, it is moves like this why we are always perennial losers.

Archived