Teddy Bridgewater

jetfuel34

52 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

I don’t think Teddy has more trade value then Brissett. We should take a 2 in a heartbeat for Teddy if we get that offer.

Why? Not that I think Teddy has done anything in the NFL to write home about and when I hear someone mention a pro bowl I want to laugh, but he is still a starting NFL QB and we should at LEAST get a 2 for him. 

Brisset is an OK player, but hes a game manager. I dont think his upside is higher than Teddys even with the the injury.

I was thinking a 3rd for Teddy. But now that the Colts declined a 2nd for Brissett, a 2nd seems doable. The only way we get more than a 2nd is if a team loses their starter. I don’t mind us waiting, but if it were me, I’d take a 2nd from Seattle if Darnold wins the starting job.

Brissett is still on his rookie deal making 700,000 this year and 900,000 next. Teddy will make 5 million this year and isn’t under contract next year. Now if Wilson goes down it would be a different story, but right now Brissett is a better fit for a backup QB.

I think Brissett is trash. The guys was awful last year filling in for Luck. If the Seahawks give them a second just because of the money that is just throwing away a 2nd round pick. Teddy started and made it to the playoffs and a pro bowl. The only thing I can think of is that Brissett can run better than Teddy and their offense needs a running QB. 

4 hours ago, Rich51 said:

Brissett is still on his rookie deal making 700,000 this year and 900,000 next. Teddy will make 5 million this year and isn’t under contract next year. Now if Wilson goes down it would be a different story, but right now Brissett is a better fit for a backup QB.

That’s true. Plus Brissett has two cost control years whereas Teddy only has one. Good point. 

Important factor to understand here is that Brissett is under contract for 2 more years. High upside backup who the Seahawks can use this year and potentially flip next year. 

Also, even if we believe Teddy is the better player, injury history is a factor.

23 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Why? Not that I think Teddy has done anything in the NFL to write home about and when I hear someone mention a pro bowl I want to laugh, but he is still a starting NFL QB and we should at LEAST get a 2 for him. 

Brisset is an OK player, but hes a game manager. I dont think his upside is higher than Teddys even with the the injury.

I honestly don’t think Teddy is any more valuable than Brisset. They are both game managers from what I’ve seen in real games. Which is why I take the 2 if offered. I really don’t think they will be offered more than that unless a circumstance occurs where a team gets desperate.

Seahawks denied that they offered anything for him. Brissett is more valuable then Teddy simply because he didn't have a serious leg injury, he has 2 years left on his contract with 750k each year and his ceiling has yet to be shown. Teddy's ceiling hit when he was in Minnesota. If Teddy  drumming up so much interest why would the jets be the only team interested in him during the offseason giving him essentially a 1 year 6 mil deal? Not many teams want him even when healthy, they could have offered him something if a team was interested. I think the Jets will be lucky to get a day 3 pick or a player for him. I think the smart move is Jets just keep him and use him if need be. 

3 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

I honestly don’t think Teddy is any more valuable than Brisset. They are both game managers from what I’ve seen in real games. Which is why I take the 2 if offered. I really don’t think they will be offered more than that unless a circumstance occurs where a team gets desperate.

Yeah I dont disagree I think a 2 will do. Personally I hope we get creative and try and get a player too even if it means we have to move one. I would try and move Darron Lee before teams realize hes the worst ILB in football. 

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

Seahawks denied that they offered anything for him. Brissett is more valuable then Teddy simply because he didn't have a serious leg injury, he has 2 years left on his contract with 750k each year and his ceiling has yet to be shown. Teddy's ceiling hit when he was in Minnesota. If Teddy  drumming up so much interest why would the jets be the only team interested in him during the offseason giving him essentially a 1 year 6 mil deal? Not many teams want him even when healthy, they could have offered him something if a team was interested. I think the Jets will be lucky to get a day 3 pick or a player for him. I think the smart move is Jets just keep him and use him if need be. 

I think you are way out of touch here. Hes a starting caliber QB not a scrub. We will get at worst a 3rd round pick for him. To say we are lucky to get a 3rd day pick for him tells me you just dont follow this too closely.  You will be very wrong. 

Archived