Adrian Peterson (Signed)

LoganF89

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Yes, I know but I didn’t bring the “former QB” into this discussion. To me that seemed like a throw in comment at the end of your post and you said it for some reason, but it’s whatever. We’ll see what happens.

You're reading WAYYY too much into what I'm writing Turtle. I'm simply referring to our signal caller this year having an improved cast around him from the signal caller from last year.

Had I said "Alex Smith is going to have an improved cast around him from last year". Then someone would've said "well I dunno, his cast AT KC last year was different than the REDSKINS cast this year because..." 

See? I was being very specific about THIS team. But you seem hell-bent on reading my mind, so...

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Sure, before the season starts. At this point, we are just better on paper. But, we don’t know how the season will play out. This time last year we were thinking Pryor would go over 1000 yards and could be equivalent to what we got out of Garçon or Djax and could be better because of his size/speed combo - something we hadn’t had since Westbrook and Gardner - turns out we were wrong and he had hands like Gardner.

Also this time last year, people were fine with Rob Kelley because he had some good games in 2016. I think most were at least content with him and thought  he could have a season where he’d get near 1,000 yards. We also had drafted Perine and there was some optimism that he’d be an upgrade over Matt Jones, at the least.

Seriously, why are you feeling the need to talk down to me? Its getting amusing now.

Turtle...by that rationale, EVERY season is better (or worse) "on paper" until its played. We're all going by our projections. Of COURSE we don't know how the season will play out. If I knew 100% for sure, and had a crystal ball to see into the future, I'd be a rich man.

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

See Exhibits A, B, C, D, E, F, G (RG3, Kirk, Rex, Donovan, Campbell, Beck, etc etc etc)

Exactly, you guys know I flamed that RG3 trade from the beginning. But I cheered him on when he was doing well. When the wheels fell off, I criticized him. Same with the rest.

3 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Exactly, you guys know I flamed that RG3 trade from the beginning. But I cheered him on when he was doing well. When the wheels fell off, I criticized him. Same with the rest.

We really should fire that guy that made the RG3 trade.

21 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

You're reading WAYYY too much into what I'm writing Turtle. I'm simply referring to our signal caller this year having an improved cast around him from the signal caller from last year.

Had I said "Alex Smith is going to have an improved cast around him from last year". Then someone would've said "well I dunno, his cast AT KC last year was different than the REDSKINS cast this year because..." 

See? I was being very specific about THIS team. But you seem hell-bent on reading my mind, so...

To me you went out of your way to mention the team this year having more offensive talent than last years team had for the “former QB.” You are the only person who brought up the FORMER QB vs the new talent we have now for the current QB I believe in this entire thread up until that point.

It just seems like an odd thing to say. 

I definitely agree I’m just guessing as to why you even brought up the former QB at all but it just seems weird that you even did in a thread when we are taking about Adrian Peterson and the Redskins running back positon. When you brought up the Former QB, we were 6 or 7 pages deep and no one else had even mentioned anything but running backs.

I guess we can just agree to disagree, it appears I can’t read you’re mine which, we knew already but at the same time there has to be some reason you mentioned the talent on this offense now as compared to how it was last year under the former Qb and all the rest of us can do is speculate why I guess.

13 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Seriously, why are you feeling the need to talk down to me? Its getting amusing now.

Turtle...by that rationale, EVERY season is better (or worse) "on paper" until its played. We're all going by our projections. Of COURSE we don't know how the season will play out. If I knew 100% for sure, and had a crystal ball to see into the future, I'd be a rich man.

Well now you’re reading my mind! I’m not talking down to you, and if it seems that way, I apologize because that is not my intent.

I’m clearly stating that this time last year a lot of people felt the offense could be just as good as it was in 2016 because we had Terrelle Pryor and Josh Doctson was healthy. 

Most weren’t sure if we would have the amount of yards passing  but we thought we could be a better red zone offense because of the size and athletic ability of our starting WRs.

So, just like right now - before the season - everyone thinks that our offensive firepower has improved over last years, it could end up not being the case when they actually start playing the games. I don’t think that will be true, but it could end up being true.

On 8/20/2018 at 10:31 PM, bigdog44 said:

AD AP. We debating this for real? See, this is why we can’t have anything nice

And this is was when the thread was actually relevant to the topic at hand. Went downhill from there into Locksville.

Archived