Adrian Peterson (Signed)

LoganF89

16 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Ya but we don't have anyone like Kamara or Ingram for him to be stuck behind.  Other than Chris Thompson (who's a part time change of pace guy) our RBs are crap.  Honestly I look at this signing and say, hey, he can't be any worse than what we've got.  

This is exactly how I feel. I was hoping it would be Darkwa we’d sign but I’m happy we’re bringing in someone that can push out Kelley.

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

"All Day" probably describes how long it takes him to the hit the hole these days. 

Why in the world didn't we sign Darkwa ? Best available. 

It was reported that Darkwa wanted a guarantee that he’d have a chance to start and play a lot, Adrian Peterson was humble and just happy to get a chance to prove he could still start/play in the league.

1 hour ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Bullock sees Peterson as a bad fit for the Skins.  I'd have to agree.

Cooley used to always say we run duo a lot and Mark said that Peterson is good at duo, so I fail to see how it’s a bad fit. Just because Peterson hasn’t run a lot of outside or inside zone in his career doesn’t mean he’s not capable of doing it. Just about any running back can run inside or outside zone, that’s why the Shanahan’s have always been able to wait until the mid and late rounds to find backs because of how easy it can be for a back to find holes in the ZBS.

It’s times like this when Cooley is really missed on the TEAM980. He would’ve already broken down AD’s tape and explained to everyone how Peterson would fit in our scheme.

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Exhibit A once again:

Turtle, you've now posted it twice. I'll politely ask you to refrain from further spamming. We've all seen it quite a few times now (either twice from you or in the other posts replying to you).

It's not changing anyone's mind.

No need to keep flaying the hide off the deceased nag.

Thank you.

44 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Cooley used to always say we run duo a lot and Mark said that Peterson is good at duo, so I fail to see how it’s a bad fit. Just because Peterson hasn’t run a lot of outside or inside zone in his career doesn’t mean he’s not capable of doing it. Just about any running back can run inside or outside zone, that’s why the Shanahan’s have always been able to wait until the mid and late rounds to find backs because of how easy it can be for a back to find holes in the ZBS.

It’s times like this when Cooley is really missed on the TEAM980. He would’ve already broken down AD’s tape and explained to everyone how Peterson would fit in our scheme.

Agreed on Cooley. I keep bugging the station to hire him. 

AP is fine for duo. Our problem with duo is exactly what Chris has been harping on for years. Our TEs suck at blocking.

Still, I expect our run game to be better than last year with AP in the backfield.

Smith is going to have a heckuva improved offense to work with than our former QB did last year.

Archived