Adrian Peterson (Signed)

LoganF89

7 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Call him whatever you want, but I don’t necessarily like that ever since he got into the NFL people who don’t know his nickname from his childhood, high school years and college constantly get his nickname wrong because they don’t know. Personally, it annoys me.

Or...they know what his nickname is and dont feel like calling him that

8 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Precisely this. 

For example, I lived my entire life in the Northern Va area (except during college). Its only been in the last 10-15 years that this whole area has suddenly been given the insanely stupid (IMHO) moniker of "the DMV".

I will never call this area by that stupid nickname.

Know what DMV means to me?

Division of Motor Vehicles.

Gets on my nerves. When people call this area "the DMV", I picture Jamie Kennedy's character in "Malibu's Most Wanted" 

Give me a damn break. It’s actually the opposite of your example.  For 21 years Peterson’s nickname was AD. It wasn’t until he got in the NFL when lazy analysts and then lazy fans didn’t take the time to learn his actual nickname that some who were lazy started calling him AP instead of AD.

So, just like the DMV is a relatively new nickname for the area of counties that touch DC & DC itself, so is AP. So going by you’re example, you should respect the AD nickname more because he, his family and his fans from his childhood, high school and college used that.

People that use AP don’t know that his nickname his whole life has been AD, I guarantee you that. They wouldn’t use AP if they knew his nickname was AD since he was a child. Talk about ridiculous.

20 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I’ve been watching AP play since he was a freshman in college. I don’t care what his nickname is. 

Then you weren’t paying very close attention to him because if you had been watching him closely since Oklahoma you would’ve heard every analyst on ESPN and elsewhere calling him AD and sometimes explaining on TV why his nickname was AD.

5 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Then you weren’t paying very close attention to him because if you had been watching him closely since Oklahoma you would’ve heard every analyst on ESPN and elsewhere calling him AD and sometimes explaining on TV why his nickname was AD.

This is honestly one of the more embarrassing arguments you’ve engaged in on these forums. I’ve said countless times I know what his nickname is but I don’t care. 

37 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Give me a damn break. It’s actually the opposite of your example.  For 21 years Peterson’s nickname was AD. It wasn’t until he got in the NFL when lazy analysts and then lazy fans didn’t take the time to learn his actual nickname that some who were lazy started calling him AP instead of AD.

So, just like the DMV is a relatively new nickname for the area of counties that touch DC & DC itself, so is AP. So going by you’re example, you should respect the AD nickname more because he, his family and his fans from his childhood, high school and college used that.

People that use AP don’t know that his nickname his whole life has been AD, I guarantee you that. They wouldn’t use AP if they knew his nickname was AD since he was a child. Talk about ridiculous.

It's not the opposite. You missed my point. Perhaps it wasnt clear.

So let me clarify.

My point is that no matter how many people call something/someone by a nickname, it doesnt mean that everyone MUST do the same.

It also doesnt mean that those not calling it that, are unaware of the nickname.

We are.

We just choose, for whatever reason (which we're entitled to), not to.

So if you want to call him AD? More power to you. Those of us who don't choose to, do not need to be talked down to about how ignorant we are of the nickname (we aren't. We just choose not to use it). 

So, like I said. Its AP for me. If he balls out in a Redskins uni this year? I'll call him AD.

EDIT:

Oh, and BTW, I'm not giving him a new nickname when I call him A.P. Those are literally his initials. Which he had from birth. Well before he ever touched a football.

So going by your argument that the more recent one isnt valid, then AD isnt and AP ... is.

;)

40 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

It's not the opposite. You missed my point. Perhaps it wasnt clear.

So let me clarify.

My point is that no matter how many people call something/someone by a nickname, it doesnt mean that everyone MUST do the same.

It also doesnt mean that those not calling it that, are unaware of the nickname.

We are.

We just choose, for whatever reason (which we're entitled to), not to.

So if you want to call him AD? More power to you. Those of us who don't choose to, do not need to be talked down to about how ignorant we are of the nickname (we aren't. We just choose not to use it). 

So, like I said. Its AP for me. If he balls out in a Redskins uni this year? I'll call him AD.

EDIT:

Oh, and BTW, I'm not giving him a new nickname when I call him A.P. Those are literally his initials. Which he had from birth. Well before he ever touched a football.

So going by your argument that the more recent one isnt valid, then AD isnt and AP ... is.

;)

Wrong again, his family didn’t call him AP. Nice try though. A for effort Thai 

55 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

This is honestly one of the more embarrassing arguments you’ve engaged in on these forums. I’ve said countless times I know what his nickname is but I don’t care. 

And I don’t believe you if you don’t call him by AD. It’s embarrassing that you all made this into an argument when I said I’m tired of people calling him AP when it’s not his nickname.

You see that last hashtag there? That’s right...

Archived