Adrian Peterson (Signed)

LoganF89

I just heard on the radio that there is no guaranteed money in Peterson’s contract unless he makes the team.

Redskins also signed De’Veon Smith, former Michigan starting running back in 2015 & 2016. I liked him in college but he’s nothing special. 

AP is a freak of nature so I wouldn’t be shocked to see him have a good year. I like the signing because it means Rob Kelley not potentially starting. They’ve seen the film and they know what they lost going from Guice to Kelley. Peterson will do fine here. 

24 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I just heard on the radio that there is no guaranteed money in Peterson’s contract unless he makes the team.

This is the key for me. 

I really don’t see much downside — if he shows he still has enough of that AD magic to be our best option this season, then he starts and he gets the lion’s share of the carries. If he doesn’t, then he gets cut and we’re on the hook for nothing. 

It’s not like we have anybody we’re worried about him “blocking” or stealing carries from. And if he can’t beat out Perine and Kelley, so be it. Cut him. But for now, at least it’s clearly a little burst of positive energy for the guys on the team (see Swearinger and Silverback already) and it sends the message that the FO is serious about making the team better and competing. That can’t hurt, even if eventually it turns out to be nothing. 

51 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess Perine's injury is worse than we know.  

Actually, it’s Byron Marshall’s injury that could be worse. JP Finlay just said on the Team980 that Adam Schefter said Marshall’s injury could land him on IR and when Gruden was asked, he wouldn’t deny it.

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

This is the key for me. 

I really don’t see much downside — if he shows he still has enough of that AD magic to be our best option this season, then he starts and he gets the lion’s share of the carries. If he doesn’t, then he gets cut and we’re on the hook for nothing. 

It’s not like we have anybody we’re worried about him “blocking” or stealing carries from. And if he can’t beat out Perine and Kelley, so be it. Cut him. But for now, at least it’s clearly a little burst of positive energy for the guys on the team (see Swearinger and Silverback already) and it sends the message that the FO is serious about making the team better and competing. That can’t hurt, even if eventually it turns out to be nothing. 

Thank you for using his actual nickname “AD,” and not AP. For those who don’t know his family named him “All Day” when he was younger because he would run all day long. So, his nickname is AD, NOT AP.

31 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I’m calling him by his initials because I don’t feel like typing the whole thing out. He’s a grown *** man. Enough with the nicknames that have nothing to do with your actual initials. 

You can’t type AD? It’s the same number of initials as AP. It’s 2 initials also.

3 hours ago, e16bball said:

This is the key for me. 

This ^^^

For me? Whatever keeps Fat Rob off the field, is a positive

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Thank you for using his actual nickname “AD,” and not AP. For those who don’t know his family named him “All Day” when he was younger because he would run all day long. So, his nickname is AD, NOT AP.

So? Why should people be required to call him AD?

His name is Adrian Peterson. So I'll call him AP. If he balls out this year for us and proves the "All Day" moniker? THEN I'll switch to AD

4 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

So? Why should people be required to call him AD?

His name is Adrian Peterson. So I'll call him AP. If he balls out this year for us and proves the "All Day" moniker? THEN I'll switch to AD

Call him whatever you want, but I don’t necessarily like that ever since he got into the NFL people who don’t know his nickname from his childhood, high school years and college constantly get his nickname wrong because they don’t know. Personally, it annoys me.

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Call him whatever you want, but I don’t necessarily like that ever since he got into the NFL people who don’t know his nickname from his childhood, high school years and college constantly get his nickname wrong because they don’t know. Personally, it annoys me.

I’ve been watching AP play since he was a freshman in college. I don’t care what his nickname is. 

Archived