PHREAK'S Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

WE-R-Lions

The further into camp/pre-season the better for all GM's. Giving us more info is always better.

The past 4 draft's have taken roughly 2-weeks to complete, considering we have a large league(16) that's not bad considering work hours & sleep time.

That's 96 Pk's in 336 hours, averaging 3.5 hours per player pk'ed.

Were to close to the draft to change it this year, but will look at changing it next year.

7 minutes ago, WE-R-Lions said:

The further into camp/pre-season the better for all GM's. Giving us more info is always better.

The past 4 draft's have taken roughly 2-weeks to complete, considering we have a large league(16) that's not bad considering work hours & sleep time.

Were to close to the draft to change it this year, but will look at changing it next year.

If you want more info and push into camp, then push it back two weeks so we actually get some info.  We start the draft the same day as training camp starts so those picking at the top wont get any info.  They could draft a WR or RB that pops an achilies or something and is never the same and then those picking later have an advantage. So push it back to mid August and we will get done prior to the kickoff of the season on Sept 7 since the draft only takes 2 weeks. 

If not, then switch it so the whole draft is completed before camp and nobody is at an advantage of being on the clock at the right time when a player gets hurt during camp and the draft is solely based on your own analysis of players and situations. 

11 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

If you want more info and push into camp, then push it back two weeks so we actually get some info.  We start the draft the same day as training camp starts so those picking at the top wont get any info.  They could draft a WR or RB that pops an achilies or something and is never the same and then those picking later have an advantage. So push it back to mid August and we will get done prior to the kickoff of the season on Sept 7 since the draft only takes 2 weeks. 

If not, then switch it so the whole draft is completed before camp and nobody is at an advantage of being on the clock at the right time when a player gets hurt during camp and the draft is solely based on your own analysis of players and situations. 

You can’t really push it back any further though unless you’re ok with players being injured during the draft. That would suck if you drafted a guy and he got hurt before the draft was over. It would also give people an unfair advantage to get a handcuff if someone is suddenly injured. 

I think a good draft time is around July. It finishes before camp but everyone would have two months to do research beforehand. The issue with doing it during camp is that the amount of information isn’t equal - someone drafting early is going to have a week less of info than someone drafting later. It’s not a massive issue but it is a factor and a flaw. It’s not right for later picks to have more info available. It should be the same info available for the whole draft and not change throughout. 

For what it’s worth, most dynasty leagues draft right after the real draft. Ours is super late. 

Edited by Lions017

11 hours ago, WE-R-Lions said:

100% we can’t change it this year but I’m open to moving it back. I feel like the fantasy football gods prefer it if we draft earlier that way they can’t strike during camp and we have something to ***** about. 

While the future draft is up for topic, would anyone be up for a live draft via zoom or something next season? I know we have always been offline to assist those in different time zones but I feel like it would be fun to do on a random Sunday for 4 hours or so. I’m sure we can figure out a start time that would accommodate everyone? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Irish Ninja said:

While the future draft is up for topic, would anyone be up for a live draft via zoom or something next season? I know we have always been offline to assist those in different time zones but I feel like it would be fun to do on a random Sunday for 4 hours or so. I’m sure we can figure out a start time that would accommodate everyone? 

I don't think it's realistic given how hard it would be to get everyone on same page. Plus offline draft stimulates more trade activity 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

I don't think it's realistic given how hard it would be to get everyone on same page. Plus offline draft stimulates more trade activity 

Yeah. It would be fun but probably impossible. 

On 6/30/2023 at 7:43 PM, Lions017 said:

You can’t really push it back any further though unless you’re ok with players being injured during the draft. That would suck if you drafted a guy and he got hurt before the draft was over. It would also give people an unfair advantage to get a handcuff if someone is suddenly injured. 

I think a good draft time is around July. It finishes before camp but everyone would have two months to do research beforehand. The issue with doing it during camp is that the amount of information isn’t equal - someone drafting early is going to have a week less of info than someone drafting later. It’s not a massive issue but it is a factor and a flaw. It’s not right for later picks to have more info available. It should be the same info available for the whole draft and not change throughout. 

For what it’s worth, most dynasty leagues draft right after the real draft. Ours is super late. 

Injuries happen but pushing back so everyone has more info makes sense if thats part of the reasoning for having the draft when we do.  Giving everyone a couple weeks of information can vastly change where someone is picked.  I agree it is tough because whoever is on the clock when information is released has an advantage, but they already have that with our draft timing anyways. 

I would prefer to draft and try to complete it prior to the start of camp, but my second option would be the end of the second week of August or so giving us 3 weeks to complete the draft. 

16 hours ago, detfan782004 said:

A week to get your depth trades in.

can't wait to see who makes it to waivers for draft of non rookies 

Based on what I have seen, there will not be much.  I have offered most everyone for the last couple guys that might be worth keeping and there just isn't a lot of quality 12th/13th men.  

On 7/8/2023 at 11:45 AM, Sllim Pickens said:

Based on what I have seen, there will not be much.  I have offered most everyone for the last couple guys that might be worth keeping and there just isn't a lot of quality 12th/13th men.  

Yea looking that way as I peek around.