PHREAK'S Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

WE-R-Lions

I went in to this draft with little prep. I adopted a team in an interesting position. It's not particular deep, but there are enough league winners that would make it pretty much impossible to go productive struggle. So I had little choice but to try to find a way to win right now. Fortunately, most of my best assets are likely to be elite for a good long while.

In round 1, I was going to be BPA at the WR position. I'm always in an endless pursuit to get a stable of excellent starting WRs in dynasty (especially non superflex dynasty). After Jefferson and G Wilson, things get a bit more iffy, so WR was the correct decision. 

In round 2, essentially every premium rookie was off the board, so I decided to go off of value and went with Brock Purdy. There are still some question marks about Purdy, but he was pretty easily the best available dynasty QB asset available to me at the time. I have both Pickett and Purdy, which will give me some trade options if other teams experience injury issues at the QB position. This was pretty much a value pick.

In round 3, I went with Zach Evans. I'm not a huge Evans fan, but I thought that he was the best available RB at the time. Akers has had issues staying healthy. RBs get hurt...and if Akers gets hurt again, all of that goodwill heading into this season is going to go up in smoke. Kyren Williams sucks, so I think that there is a fair chance that Evans could be the Rams #2 quickly.

In round 4, I went with the Eagles defense. I hate them...they're really good. Sadly.

In round 5, I decided to draft Deneric Prince. I'm not going to go into my methodology at deciding between dart throws, but he was the top of my list when the select came around. I considered Sean Tucker, but ultimately this health issues scared me away. The problem is that even if Tucker somehow finds a way to work his way into the lineup, he is always going to have his health risks hanging over his head. So, even if he finds a way to hit...his value will always be suppressed. Oh, and the Bucs should suck. Not a fan of RBs on teams that suck...especially if they are down on the depth chart.

Round 6, I'm a Jags fan...so whatev...I have to draft a kicker...might as well go with the Jags kicker. The Jags could be a top 3 offense this year, and that typically translates to kicker points.

• Like 1

See, I kept a defense (Cowboys) because, hell, why not? Then, when it came to my first pick (third round), I sort of figured "well, if no one is going to take the 49ers, I guess I'll grab them as well", then decided to take a third defense in the 6th round for the "lulz". I would've loved to take a fourth defense but league rules prevent that level of fantasy mastery.

And, out of all of that nonsense, having those defenses on the bench (and preventing my opponents from having them while being able to start the strongest unit each week) aid me far more than some fringe roster spot, dart throw 5th string RB or WR.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

See, I kept a defense (Cowboys) because, hell, why not? Then, when it came to my first pick (third round), I sort of figured "well, if no one is going to take the 49ers, I guess I'll grab them as well", then decided to take a third defense in the 6th round for the "lulz". I would've loved to take a fourth defense but league rules prevent that level of fantasy mastery.

And, out of all of that nonsense, having those defenses on the bench (and preventing my opponents from having them while being able to start the strongest unit each week) aid me far more than some fringe roster spot, dart throw 5th string RB or WR.

Damn you 😂😂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

You took a kicker, right? Rules state that you must…

So after the draft, im very happy with how the roster turned out. got some young guys on it, as well as some really good vets. When i took over the team, i expected to completely rebuild and be VERY bad this year...however that plan changed quickly with some trades. I have one original player from when i took over. Gonna be a tough stretch to start the year I think with 3 of my key starters not having ACLs, but hey you do what you gotta do...

QB: Kyler Murray, Derek Carr

RB: Christian McCaffery, Javonte Williams, Breece Hall, Wilson JR, Sean Tucker

WR: DJ Moore, Amari Cooper, Terry McLauren, Brandin Cooks, Isaiah Hodgins, DeVante Parker

TE: Dallas Goeddert, Cade Otton, Jake Ferguson

• Like 2