PHREAK'S Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

WE-R-Lions

14 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

Really thought someone would sign in Miami. Taxes and situation just seemed better for Cook IMO.

I feel like Cook and Elliot are just kind of lucky to have jobs right now. They're still decent but teams don't want to pay money for a guy that's just part of a rotation when they can get someone that's almost as good for nothing. At least Cook can take some of the load off of Hall as he recovers and New England always has some kind of rotation anyway. 

Miami already has a pretty damn solid RB group with Mostert/Wilson/Achane. They run that scheme that seems like it can always find guys that produce no matter who they slot in there. 

4 hours ago, Lions017 said:

I feel like Cook and Elliot are just kind of lucky to have jobs right now. They're still decent but teams don't want to pay money for a guy that's just part of a rotation when they can get someone that's almost as good for nothing. At least Cook can take some of the load off of Hall as he recovers and New England always has some kind of rotation anyway. 

Miami already has a pretty damn solid RB group with Mostert/Wilson/Achane. They run that scheme that seems like it can always find guys that produce no matter who they slot in there. 

I sort of disagree, at least with Cook.  He averaged 4.4 yards per carry on 264 touches and had 40 catches totaling 10 touchdowns.  The problem was he was a cap casualty but before that, was expected to be a top 10 RB again this year.  He still could have been IMO if he went somewhere that had a hole but by the time he got released, there weren't a lot of options for him to be a starter.  He would have easily been the best RB in Miami, Houston, Buffalo, Arizona, LA Rams, Carolina, Chicago, Kansas City, Tampa and Washington but those teams are making the same choice to stick with their cheaper options even if they aren't as good.  If Cook was cut at the beginning of the offseason, I would bet Carolina would have rather have paid him 6M a year for 2 or 3 years than Miles Sanders who is a year and a half younger.  Miami maybe wouldn't have drafted Achane or resigned both of their other backs.  But given resources have been spent, he is stuck finding a backup/shared role.  That being said, going to the Jets was dumb IMO because he may get a couple games at the start of the year but he will definitely be a back up when Hall is healthy.  He should have signed with Indy or somewhere similarly to actually get some touches and prove he still has it.  

Zeke is probably washed but he is still a better tough back than Jammall Williams and others.  He found a spot to get 100+ carries and is paid well to do it but it still shocks me someone wouldn't give him a couple year deal for 5M each at least.  He has that much value to a team given average guards are getting 10M a year.  

Fournette is another one I am shocked didn't find a role.  He was very good last year and can catch the ball.  He, Zeke and Cook are all the same age as Ekeler and a year younger than McCaffrey.  The difference with Ekeler is he is on a cheap contract but production wise I think Cook and Fournette could do simil;ar numbers in that system but nobody talks about him being washed. 

16 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

Welp Richardson starting for Indy....cant say that makes me happy.  Was hoping it would be mid season.  Think he may get his confidence rattled here.

That being said...run, run run Richardson

Weird decision for sure. He's so raw. I don't know that the offense is mature enough for him to just plug in like Big Ben did as a rookie.

20 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

Welp Richardson starting for Indy....cant say that makes me happy.  Was hoping it would be mid season.  Think he may get his confidence rattled here.

That being said...run, run run Richardson

Based on his college film, I would agree.  Based on what he has been doing in camp I think he will be fine.  Really makes me question the coaching at Florida because he has thrown some dimes.  Crazy arm talent and I am sure they will run him but I think he will be ok throwing.  He may throw a lot of picks too but he will make a lot of plays.  He could end up being Jameis Winston with wheels or Lamar Jackson MVP season.  Either way its a big boost fantasy wise. 

I'm a huge fan of Richardson. He's incredibly talented but legitimately only has about a year under his belt, and it was in a bad system as @Sllim Pickens pointed out. I'm more worried about what he'll do when things break down. His INT in the preseason game was a perfect example; I'm fairly sure that it was a totally blown play and Richardson kind of panicked. That's the kind of thing you'd want to fix through experience, and getting that experience for the first time in the NFL is tough.

3 hours ago, minutemancl said:

The way I feel about Anthony Richardson is the same way I felt about Jalen Hurts, Evan Neal, and a few others before they were drafted: he is too physically talented, loves football too much, and works too hard to not have some baseline level of success in the NFL. I'll bet on insane athletes who are coachable and live and breath football every time. I don't really care how their college careers went.

This is pretty much my take on his floor.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

I'm a huge fan of Richardson. He's incredibly talented but legitimately only has about a year under his belt, and it was in a bad system as @Sllim Pickens pointed out. I'm more worried about what he'll do when things break down. His INT in the preseason game was a perfect example; I'm fairly sure that it was a totally blown play and Richardson kind of panicked. That's the kind of thing you'd want to fix through experience, and getting that experience for the first time in the NFL is tough.

This is pretty much my take on his floor.

Yeah, thats why I said Jameis with more rushing yards as a floor.  He might be wild and make some bad decisions which will potentially lead to high INTs but he is talented enough to the point that he will still be productive, at least fantasy wise.  Thats a very good floor IMO since Jameis was a 4k 20+ TD passer and if you throw in another 500-800 yards and 3-7 TDs, he is an elite fantasy player.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Yeah, thats why I said Jameis with more rushing yards as a floor.  He might be wild and make some bad decisions which will potentially lead to high INTs but he is talented enough to the point that he will still be productive, at least fantasy wise.  Thats a very good floor IMO since Jameis was a 4k 20+ TD passer and if you throw in another 500-800 yards and 3-7 TDs, he is an elite fantasy player.  

For his rookie year for sure. He's definitely more physically talented as a QB than either Lamar or Jameis, which is crazy. I don't think he has close to Lamar's wheels but he definitely has WAY more potential as a passer. He doesn't have Jameis' experience but If he can develop that same pocket presence and confidence in the pocket he'll be absolutely incredible. He reminds me of (football) Colin Kaepernick but with far more potential.

21 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I sort of disagree, at least with Cook.  He averaged 4.4 yards per carry on 264 touches and had 40 catches totaling 10 touchdowns.  The problem was he was a cap casualty but before that, was expected to be a top 10 RB again this year.  He still could have been IMO if he went somewhere that had a hole but by the time he got released, there weren't a lot of options for him to be a starter.  He would have easily been the best RB in Miami, Houston, Buffalo, Arizona, LA Rams, Carolina, Chicago, Kansas City, Tampa and Washington but those teams are making the same choice to stick with their cheaper options even if they aren't as good.  If Cook was cut at the beginning of the offseason, I would bet Carolina would have rather have paid him 6M a year for 2 or 3 years than Miles Sanders who is a year and a half younger.  Miami maybe wouldn't have drafted Achane or resigned both of their other backs.  But given resources have been spent, he is stuck finding a backup/shared role.  That being said, going to the Jets was dumb IMO because he may get a couple games at the start of the year but he will definitely be a back up when Hall is healthy.  He should have signed with Indy or somewhere similarly to actually get some touches and prove he still has it.  

Zeke is probably washed but he is still a better tough back than Jammall Williams and others.  He found a spot to get 100+ carries and is paid well to do it but it still shocks me someone wouldn't give him a couple year deal for 5M each at least.  He has that much value to a team given average guards are getting 10M a year.  

Fournette is another one I am shocked didn't find a role.  He was very good last year and can catch the ball.  He, Zeke and Cook are all the same age as Ekeler and a year younger than McCaffrey.  The difference with Ekeler is he is on a cheap contract but production wise I think Cook and Fournette could do simil;ar numbers in that system but nobody talks about him being washed. 

From what I saw the advanced metrics (rushing yards over expected, rushing explosiveness, rushing elusiveness, play speed, etc.) all had Cook as being significantly worse than how he actually finished last year. Maybe that means that there's something the stats miss, like he has good vision, or maybe he got a little lucky. I definitely think he has lost a step - still good, but talent wise not a top back anymore.

With Richardson the coaching staff must just think that he needs to play. For some players the best place to work on things is in games and not just watching from the bench. I'm sure he will have some bad games but he probably needs the experience. 

17 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

I like Richardson…but he is super high risk. He absolutely crumbles when things aren’t going right…and there will likely be a lot going wrong this season. I still starting him right now is a mistake 

Very raw.....Gulp.....Trey Lance....Malik Willis.....

But all could be home runs given time.......

Edited by WE-R-Lions
  • Like 1