PHREAK'S Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

WE-R-Lions

Fun fact: my only "difficult" decision this week was whether to start the 1st ranked defense (DAL) or the 6th ranked defense (SF). I started SF, and I won this week 171.0 to 152.3. SF finished with 16 points. DAL with -4.

In other words: had I picked DAL, that -20 point swing would've made the score 151-152.3... and I would've lost.

Crazy defenses.

5 minutes ago, Lions017 said:

Kind of, yeah. I've never really seen a perfect scoring system for it. I kind of wish we could do away with K and D/ST. They're just so...random. 

Meh. I like the randomness of defenses (and kickers) in fantasy. I feel like, at times, they're the rare occasion where you're playing the waiver wire and trying to actually *do* fantasy. Otherwise, you're almost always just starting the common-sense players and hoping for results.

I'm not really a huge fantasy football guy anymore, and I won't join a league without them. Give me the random.

1 hour ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Meh. I like the randomness of defenses (and kickers) in fantasy. I feel like, at times, they're the rare occasion where you're playing the waiver wire and trying to actually *do* fantasy. Otherwise, you're almost always just starting the common-sense players and hoping for results.

I'm not really a huge fantasy football guy anymore, and I won't join a league without them. Give me the random.

I kind of get that. Dynasty in general typically has a pretty barren waiver wire, though. 

The scoring for defense is just a bit wonky. I think our league isn't too bad, but think of it this way...a team could give up 40 points, lose 40-7, and yet if they scored on a kick return and picked up a few sacks they might actually get more fantasy points than the other team's defense that held them to 7 points. It's just...a bit wonky. 

The Steelers are the #5 ranked fantasy defense right now in our league. They are ranked 30th in yards/game and 17th in points/game. Just kind of flukey. 

• Like 1