PHREAK'S Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

WE-R-Lions

1 hour ago, Lions017 said:

I kind of get that. Dynasty in general typically has a pretty barren waiver wire, though. 

The scoring for defense is just a bit wonky. I think our league isn't too bad, but think of it this way...a team could give up 40 points, lose 40-7, and yet if they scored on a kick return and picked up a few sacks they might actually get more fantasy points than the other team's defense that held them to 7 points. It's just...a bit wonky. 

The Steelers are the #5 ranked fantasy defense right now in our league. They are ranked 30th in yards/game and 17th in points/game. Just kind of flukey. 

For sure. But, knowing that, and researching and prioritizing the 'ST' aspect of D/ST is certainly part of it.

Kickers, too. I love kickers. Prater, my add this week, got me nothing. Love the uncertainty.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

For sure. But, knowing that, and researching and prioritizing the 'ST' aspect of D/ST is certainly part of it.

Kickers, too. I love kickers. Prater, my add this week, got me nothing. Love the uncertainty.

New holder. Should have done your research. 😁

• Like 1

We're going to keep both.

There is different strategies with Def. Keep/draft a good one or two.....or stream a Def each week.

Also adds a twist with bye weeks for both Def & K either making them available in wavers Or other players when dropped. 

With a league this size all above is good.

Like scoring TD's,  Def & K scoring has a randomness to them.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, WE-R-Lions said:

We're going to keep both.

There is different strategies with Def. Keep/draft a good one or two.....or stream a Def each week.

Also adds a twist with bye weeks for both Def & K either making them available in wavers Or other players when dropped. 

With a league this size all above is good.

Like scoring TD's,  Def & K scoring has a randomness to them.

So no vote? Just a unilateral choice? Interesting 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I love kickers, even tho for years my main league called me kicker cursed bc I could never get more than 5 out of the position it seemed 😂

• Like 1

Let me share some history for the league.

Jon keeding started the league in 2010 the rules, scoring, starting rosters he astablished are for the most part are still the same.

I was his #2 LM the second year. At the end of the second year he had to leave the league for personal reasons & asked if I would takeover. Obviously I  accepted. 

We have voted on a few items most have not past. & have ask my # 2 LM for input regarding tanking GM's. Along with other items that have come up over the years.

One item I recall the league changing was allowing teams to roster an extra TE from 3 to 4

I also added & track our League Record's.

Changes that affect team records like deleting Def & K won't be voted on.

You can find this language / rules in our first pg of out thread.

Welcome to the Phreak's Dynasty League!
Established in 2010.

All trades/ discussions / banter will be posted on this thread.

You will find up to date info about our League in this first post:

LM has final say on all rules, trades, and disputes, but can ask for input.
(LM) is T.R. Renegades / WE-R-Lions http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/privmsg.php?mode=post&u=18836

Overall Jon Keeding set up a rock solid League 

Edited by WE-R-Lions

1 hour ago, WE-R-Lions said:

Let me share some history for the league.

Jon keeding started the league in 2010 the rules, scoring, starting rosters he astablished are for the most part are still the same.

I was his #2 LM the second year. At the end of the second year he had to leave the league for personal reasons & asked if I would takeover. Obviously I  accepted. 

We have voted on a few items most have not past. & have ask my # 2 LM for input regarding tanking GM's. Along with other items that have come up over the years.

One item I recall the league changing was allowing teams to roster an extra TE from 3 to 4

I also added & track our League Record's.

Changes that affect team records like deleting Def & K won't be voted on.

You can find this language / rules in our first pg of out thread.

Welcome to the Phreak's Dynasty League!
Established in 2010.

All trades/ discussions / banter will be posted on this thread.

You will find up to date info about our League in this first post:

LM has final say on all rules, trades, and disputes, but can ask for input.
(LM) is T.R. Renegades / WE-R-Lions http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/privmsg.php?mode=post&u=18836

Overall Jon Keeding set up a rock solid League 

I understand the history. I was here for it and left and came back.

Not sure point.

All I said was I find Def kinda dumb. Also think any changes or non changes should be a vote.

that was all