PHREAK'S Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

WE-R-Lions

3 hours ago, detfan782004 said:

Tako has 4 QBs on roster not listed as out or IR. So my question is in other leagues if you have players who are "questionable" and not out you have to drop to get to max limits.

How does this league view it? 

I've always thought that the limit is the limit. If our limit is 3 you can have 3 QB's. No more than that. 

Not really sure how he has 4. The settings for the league on ESPN say 3. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lions017 said:

I've always thought that the limit is the limit. If our limit is 3 you can have 3 QB's. No more than that. 

I agree with this.  Maybe in the instance that one of them is the backup to one of your starters and they are likely out but not on the IR, but other than that it seems the rule of 3 should be a rule. 

5 minutes ago, Lions017 said:

I don't believe IR counts against roster settings, and for good reason: if an owner has three legitimate keeper QBs, and two of them get knocked out for the year and placed on IR, and the last hits his BYE week, he shouldn't be forced to drop one to pick up another in a dynasty league.

I don't see why this would be an issue, really. We've all had opportunities, whether it be FA or the draft, to add QBs. Occupying valuable resources is part of fantasy.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I don't believe IR counts against roster settings, and for good reason: if an owner has three legitimate keeper QBs, and two of them get knocked out for the year and placed on IR, and the last hits his BYE week, he shouldn't be forced to drop one to pick up another in a dynasty league.

I don't see why this would be an issue, really. We've all had opportunities, whether it be FA or the draft, to add QBs. Occupying valuable resources is part of fantasy.

I guess. It doesn't seem like it's in the spirit of the rule though - we have the 3 QB rule so nobody hoards QB's and that you might eventually find an option on waivers, not so someone can end up with 5 or 6 guys. 

FWIW, Daniel Jones is also listed as Questionable, so he shouldn't be on IR anyway. We've always kind of turned a blind eye to that kind of stuff as long as the roster is changed within reason, but technically only players listed as Out or on IR should be down there. 

Edited by Lions017

37 minutes ago, Lions017 said:

I guess. It doesn't seem like it's in the spirit of the rule though - we have the 3 QB rule so nobody hoards QB's and that you might eventually find an option on waivers, not so someone can end up with 5 or 6 guys. 

FWIW, Daniel Jones is also listed as Questionable, so he shouldn't be on IR anyway. We've always kind of turned a blind eye to that kind of stuff as long as the roster is changed within reason, but technically only players listed as Out or on IR should be down there. 

Only players listed as out or IR can be put there, but they don't have to be moved from there until the owner decides. ESPN has been this way forever, I believe. It adds a strategic element to IR movement.

8 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Only players listed as out or IR can be put there, but they don't have to be moved from there until the owner decides. ESPN has been this way forever, I believe. It adds a strategic element to IR movement.

That is correct, but if a GM does keep a healthy player(s) in IR they can't pick-up FA or trade players until said player(s) are moved out of IR

• Like 3

On 10/17/2023 at 2:09 PM, WE-R-Lions said:

That is correct, but if a GM does keep a healthy player(s) in IR they can't pick-up FA or trade players until said player(s) are moved out of IR

Yeah so you totally can make moves until the player is not questionable anymore. 

Edited by SimsZilla