PHREAK'S Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

WE-R-Lions

2 hours ago, WE-R-Lions said:

I would really like to know who's team & wk's your referring about, I can't find them.

At this point it seams to be a witch hunt.

Murder Mitten had Michael Wilson out for week 9 and DJ Chark for week 10. 

If we aren't counting gameday outs then I guess that doesn't matter - that's still two weeks in a row with incomplete lineups. 

I guess he had two emergencies in a row. 

Regardless I'm still pushing for a stricter, more concrete policy. 

I guess that's what it comes down to. I think that the gameday stuff is too low of a bar, some of you don't. I expect a bit more of people but if we're going to play it loose like that then I suppose that's just how it is. I'd like this to be a bit more competitive, but many are fine with it just being more of a casual league. It is what it is. I'll keep playing. 

Edited by Lions017

2 hours ago, Lions017 said:

Murder Mitten had Michael Wilson out for week 9 and DJ Chark for week 10. 

If we aren't counting gameday outs then I guess that doesn't matter - that's still two weeks in a row with incomplete lineups. 

I guess he had two emergencies in a row. 

Regardless I'm still pushing for a stricter, more concrete policy. 

I guess that's what it comes down to. I think that the gameday stuff is too low of a bar, some of you don't. I expect a bit more of people but if we're going to play it loose like that then I suppose that's just how it is. I'd like this to be a bit more competitive, but many are fine with it just being more of a casual league. It is what it is. I'll keep playing. 

We/I still expect everyone to put their best effort each wk, knowing crap (life) happens. A lot of factor can determine if a team is tanking, not just one thing or another. This is why this language is in the set of rules.   

Not playing a stud player, FA fill-in possibilities, the LM needing to adjust your score, will all be factored in to determine tanking teams

If a team was having multiple game day outs in a year, I mite need to make score adjustments & could flag them for tanking as listed above.  

Overall, we have a great group of GM's, some more active than others, but all play with FF ethics. With one game to go in the reg season we've only have had 2 game day outs between 2-teams in a 16 team league. I call that a win & life happens!!

Well looks like I'll finish .500 which isn't too bad for have 2 wins a few weeks back.

Made my make a week or two late.

Love my roster heading into next year and glad I do because most of my draft gone outside a 2nd rounder.

Stroud

Richardson

Cook

Jacobs

Brown

Dotson

Reed 

Laporta

M Brown 

All decent keepers 

with 

Mostert

Njoku

S Moore 

as options maybe if I don't make move.

Will consider moving Stroud or Richardson at some point for some draft capital. 

I figured playing the 1 loss best team in the league and me being pretty bad would lead to me having a better draft spot but now that W will cost me a couple spots in the draft.  Guess its a positive for next year though.  Having a few keepers last year that never should have been on a roster to having to make some tougher decisions this year is a plus.  My draft turned out pretty good other than Bryce Young.  Gibbs, Bijan, Nacua, Mingo and Young is a pretty solid draft though. 

17 hours ago, detfan782004 said:

Bryce will get better. The two RB is a good tandem 

Agreed.  Also Pacheco breaking out really helped too.  Watson is coming on strong the last couple of weeks too. A lot of my future will depend on what Chicago does with Fields though. Might be able to compete next year finally given I have a two first round picks this year again.    

Here is our preliminary 2024 draft order after the reg season (not including trades)

Congrats to the playoff teams!!!

Good Luck to all !!!!

1. Lions Pride81

2.  Playing For Keeps

3. The Murder Mitten

4. Buffalo Bulldogs

5. Prairie Dogs 

6. Detroit Styles

7. Hoth Tauntauns

8. Team X

9. Det Fan782004

10. TR Renegades

11. TBD

12. TBD

13. TBD

14. TBD

15. TBD

16. TBD

Ugh. It's honestly a bit frustrating to be picking 7th. My team is clearly not good (4th fewest total points) but I lucked into some bad performances by other teams and picked up a few wins that way. 

It's also weird how top-heavy the league is this year. I finished 6-8 two years ago and was picking third and now I'm picking seventh. 

15 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

I honestly think due to the strength of this that moving to 8 playoff teams would keep more owners interested in season longer 

That’s actually a great idea. Never thought about it. Right now with only six spots if you get off to a bad start you almost have to sell. 8 spots would really open things up - most 12 team leagues have 6 spots anyway, so it would make sense to have more. 

Edited by Lions017
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Lions017 said:

Ugh. It's honestly a bit frustrating to be picking 7th. My team is clearly not good (4th fewest total points) but I lucked into some bad performances by other teams and picked up a few wins that way. 

It's also weird how top-heavy the league is this year. I finished 6-8 two years ago and was picking third and now I'm picking seventh. 

Yeah, Lions Pride was the 7th highest scorer but had an insane amount of points against.  Its been a wild year in fantasy, especially with so many QB injuries. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Lions017 said:

That’s actually a great idea. Never thought about it. Right now with only six spots if you get off to a bad start you almost have to sell. 8 spots would really open things up - most 12 team leagues have 6 spots anyway, so it would make sense to have more. 

Yes 6 for 16 makes sell offs happen faster and interest in league dies earlier in year. 

• Like 1